Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 04:18 AM

Default TV News

TV news is so terrible, I can't watch more than a few minutes of it without getting infuriated, it is just a joke. Here is what I saw the last 1/2 hour on Fox news. A big segment on 2 people who killed someone, how the police worked successfully to get them. They repeated over and over again the same rhetoric that is completely uninteresting and tells you nothing new "what a tragic thing when someone dies" "our policemen did a great job here like they always do" blah blah blah blah over and over again. Also they kept showing pictures of the two people who comitted the murder, they had their pictures up for maybe 5 minutes taking up half the screen.

Then on the O'Reily factor, the first guest who was supposed to be on canceled because she said Oreily lied about her. This was funny. Then another "anti-war mom" came on and talked about nothing interesting. The rest of the show is supposed to be about a new terror threat Al Qaeda issued and some bullshit going on in Aruba with some missing girl.

This is not just Fox news I'm picking on, earlier I was watching Hardball for a little bit, where as usual they didn't talk about anything of substance. This is one of the things that annoys me most about these shows, rather than talking about actual policies, they talked strategy over whether these politicians were skillfully advancing their policies, or who they thought would get electedin the future, just gossip retarded nonesense. What an absolute joke that this is our news.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: TV News

You are right on the mark. The mindless jabber from the "news" is pitiful. What is more disturbing is the way people take their cues from these programs.
History will judge the last 25 years very harshly, I believe.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:41 AM

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Stu
Old 08-11-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont watch it, but thanks for the advice retard
Old 08-11-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont watch it, but thanks for the advice retard

[/ QUOTE ]

You just got done saying you were watching Foxnews, O'reilly and Hardball. Dumbass.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:47 AM

Get BBC world. It is quite good.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:18 AM

You really should check out the Daily Show on comedy central.

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewid...dex.jhtml&
Old 08-11-2005, 12:41 PM

this is funny. i was thinking the exact same thing last night. i was in a diner on rt. 9 and they had the tv going with those 2 pics.. they were just up there forever. i was thinking of how stupid it was.

24 hr news is a BAD idea.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:43 PM

Yea I mean, posting pictures of fugitives on TV, is horriable it only leads to many tips and can help the capture of these people. Even I won't watch it all but doesn't mean its not a good thing.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea I mean, posting pictures of fugitives on TV, is horriable it only leads to many tips and can help the capture of these people. Even I won't watch it all but doesn't mean its not a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

or they could talk about real news that gets people involved in the world and maybe saves thousands of lives or more. or, they could do it your way have people gossiping about relatively rare homicides so everyone is on the lookout for one in their area, so they can give tips to the police, yeah, sweet.