Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2004, 08:34 PM

Default What is the reason now to be killing people in Iraq?

No weapons of mass destruction, no ties to Al-qaeda, so what is the reason now, just because "We're already there"

And whatever the reason is, How many more lives (Iraqis and American) is gonna take?

Whatever the purpose is, Are all this lives worth it?

David
Old 11-22-2004, 09:55 PM

Default Re: What is the reason now to be killing people in Iraq?

"No weapons of mass destruction"
****Maybe, other than a few Sarin gas shells and lots of hidden WMD program documents nothing has been found. Perhaps it might be more accurate to say there are no MORE WMD in Iraq. We DO know Iraq had WMD, for we have pictures of gassed Kurds and Iranians to prove it. Since Iraq has broken almost every tenet of the armistice, it should be understandable we don't take they word that they voluntarily destroyed all WMD without any UN supervision. If you believe they did on their on accord then may I ask do you believe in the Easter Bunny?...

"no ties to Al-qaeda"
****Wrong...one of the buildings in Faluja(sp?) said "Al-qaeda Headquarters". Al-qaeda is all over Iraq. Iraq may not have been tied to 9/11 but Iraq DID have ties to Al-qaeda. Since the war, al-qaeda has been flooding into Iraq in greater numbers. Kill them there instead of in the US.....

"so what is the reason now"
****To kill enough of them so that there will be a stable govt in Iraq. Kill enough of those kidnapping-head-chopping scum and you'll be surprised how peaceful Iraq will become. A radical Sunni cleric was assassinated yesterday. Perhaps some Iraqis are taking matters into their own hands. I hope so... Many mosques are just brainwashing factories...that produce mindless killers.

"How many more lives (Iraqis and American) is gonna take?"
****I think we can expect another 2000 American dead. Since our troops kill about 20 insurgents for everyone of our dead, I think we can expect another 40-50,000 dead insurgents plus another 1,000 collateral damage deaths by the US troops. The insurgents will murder probably another 10,000 Iraqis... Total deaths...about 63,000.

"Whatever the purpose is, Are all this lives worth it?"
****Were all those dead Americans "worth it" to win WW2? I'd say so. If you are a Nazi, then you might disagree with me. As for Iraq, if we can accomplish a stable and free iraq, yes, it will be worth it... Remember, we had 3,000 people die just in ONE DAY from an attack from al-qaeda. We CAN NOT STICK OUR HEADS IN THE SAND and pray that radical islam will leave us alone. The Dutch just found this out and now they are getting serious about muslim radicals.... These are not nice people. You can not bargain with them. You can not reason with them. This is KILL OR BE KILLED.... Do an internet search on the material that is taught in muslim schools. After viewing this material, you will understand why this people are so homicidal.

Iraq will have elections in January. US troops will stay at least until the end of the Bush43 presidency. Hopefully the new Iraqi govt will be able to stand on their own two feet. If not, then I hate to be an ordinary Iraqi when the govt falls......

Is that good enough for you?
Old 11-22-2004, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe, other than a few Sarin gas shells and lots of hidden WMD program documents nothing has been found. Perhaps it might be more accurate to say there are no MORE WMD in Iraq. We DO know Iraq had WMD, for we have pictures of gassed Kurds and Iranians to prove it. Since Iraq has broken almost every tenet of the armistice, it should be understandable we don't take they word that they voluntarily destroyed all WMD without any UN supervision. If you believe they did on their on accord then may I ask do you believe in the Easter Bunny?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they find any Sarin? Or was it just STHWMD's (stuff that holds weapons of mass destruction)?

And it is very obvious Iraq had WMD's in the past, Americans gave them some for starters.

[ QUOTE ]

Wrong...one of the buildings in Faluja(sp?) said "Al-qaeda Headquarters". Al-qaeda is all over Iraq. Iraq may not have been tied to 9/11 but Iraq DID have ties to Al-qaeda. Since the war, al-qaeda has been flooding into Iraq in greater numbers. Kill them there instead of in the US.....

[/ QUOTE ]

If you found a building in America that had the title "Alqaeda Headquarters" that was hidden away in the mountains or something, would that make America have ties to Alquada? This could be a problem, America would have to invade itself....

[ QUOTE ]

To kill enough of them so that there will be a stable govt in Iraq. Kill enough of those kidnapping-head-chopping scum and you'll be surprised how peaceful Iraq will become. A radical Sunni cleric was assassinated yesterday. Perhaps some Iraqis are taking matters into their own hands. I hope so... Many mosques are just brainwashing factories...that produce mindless killers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Idea, once we kill all the Iraqis it should become quite peacefull.

Seriously, you think we'll ever get to a point where it is peacefull?

[ QUOTE ]

I think we can expect another 2000 American dead. Since our troops kill about 20 insurgents for everyone of our dead, I think we can expect another 40-50,000 dead insurgents plus another 1,000 collateral damage deaths by the US troops. The insurgents will murder probably another 10,000 Iraqis... Total deaths...about 63,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would seem in the neighborhood if American withdraws in the next few years or so, do you reckon they will?

[ QUOTE ]

Were all those dead Americans "worth it" to win WW2? I'd say so. If you are a Nazi, then you might disagree with me. As for Iraq, if we can accomplish a stable and free iraq, yes, it will be worth it... Remember, we had 3,000 people die just in ONE DAY from an attack from al-qaeda. We CAN NOT STICK OUR HEADS IN THE SAND and pray that radical islam will leave us alone. The Dutch just found this out and now they are getting serious about muslim radicals.... These are not nice people. You can not bargain with them. You can not reason with them. This is KILL OR BE KILLED.... Do an internet search on the material that is taught in muslim schools. After viewing this material, you will understand why this people are so homicidal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, for starters I wouldn't mind a link to this material you mention. But in my opinion there are both sides believing this is "kill or be killed", the only way out is for a better understanding of the other side, and for a for everyone to have a better understanding of their own sides. But suppose I am wrong, do you suppose we kill all Muslims in the world? I mean after all, you said yourself, the material taught in Muslim schools teaches them to kill us, so you reckon there's no other way eh? Maybe you shouldn't kill them, that's a bit extreme to begin with, just put them in fenced in communities run by U.S. troops, where they will work for a living...

Btw I agree we cannot stick our head in the sand, but I also reckon we shouldn't put it up our [censored].

[ QUOTE ]

Iraq will have elections in January. US troops will stay at least until the end of the Bush43 presidency. Hopefully the new Iraqi govt will be able to stand on their own two feet. If not, then I hate to be an ordinary Iraqi when the govt falls......

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt Americans would be out by then, I'd be willing to lay 2-1 odds...
Old 11-22-2004, 11:26 PM

US troops just found 40 vials of Sarin in Fallujah.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:44 PM

Would you mind posting a link to some news on it or something? When I google it I only find people saying it might be sarin gas or a test kit or something. But my google-ing skills are lacking.

Btw, was your statement implying something else or was it just a genuine response to my question?

These are honest questions of mine to be taken as litteral, I am not trying to instigate an argument or anything.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-22-2004, 11:50 PM

May I suggest a subscription to The Limbaugh Letter. It is full of informative articles that address your questions. If you don't want to spend any money he has a daily 3 hour radio program you can tune into. 12-3 eastern and it is free.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:02 AM

Default Thanks, for no reason

No Weapons of Mass Destruction, as admitted by all the administration people who should know (except for some expired sausages in an old freezer - how exciting). Colin Powell leaves office with a permanent stain on his record, for anyone who has teached his wretched performance at the UN Security Council, waving around vials with white liquid stuff.

No ties to 9/11, although a substantial percentage of Americans still think there are! Ah, the liberal media is working wonders...

No ties to anti-American terrorism whatsoever. Lots of people confuse anti-Israel terrorists, which Saddam indeed gave refuge to in Baghdad, and anti-American terrorists. I concede that taking out Saddam was a tremendous boon for Israeli national security.

No nothing!

So, ultimately, after all the reasons have been quietly dropped (except for a few stalwarts like Felix here), it's a fight for democracy in Iraq. Aye, this brings a tear to my eyes.

Let the killing continue.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:20 AM

Well, it turns out some idiot ordered his troops to invade Iraq, which the led to the downfall of the government (which was clearly not the best of governments, yes) that had been maintaining the order. As a result, thousands of non-Iraqis intent on attacking things related to the United States have flooded into the country, blowing things up and killing people. So, the American military has to be there to clean things up as best they can.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:55 AM

I posted a link and picture when they were found recently; it was part of a slide show on www.usatoday.com I think. Sorry I didn't save the exact URL. Now, maybe they haven't been tested yet, but the vials were shown in a box labelled Sarin and had English, German and Cyrillic writing on the box/instructions.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:57 AM

Florida has ties to al-qaeda. At least 3 of the 9/11 hijackers trained and lived there. Invade and remove the leader.