Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 08:43 AM

Default One of the funniest things I\'ve seen and heard at a table.

Playing at Foxwoods yesterday, 1/2 No Limit (I took just under $700 off the table after sitting down with $100 - but that has nothing to do with the story.) The guy in the 4 seat is a middle aged guy, and feels the need to "teach" everyone at the table on how to play. Sitting in the 3 seat is a woman that is probably 10-15 years older than the "teacher." She's been in almost every hand, and has drawn out on just about everyone at the table, which brings many leasons from the "teacher."
The woman raises pre-flop to $12, the teacher calls, every one else folds. Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The woman checks, teacher bets about the pot size, woman calls. The turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Again, the woman checks, the teacher again bets the pot, and the woman calls. The River is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The woman checks a third time, the teacher bets about 1/4 of the pot this time, and says, "I don't believe I'm gonna chop this hand." The woman then raises the teacher all-in! He immediately chides her saying, "Honey, relax, OK? It's gonna be chop-chop." He immediately calls and turns over A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The woman looks at him, and says "chop-chop, huh?" Then she turns over 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]!!! The table ERUPTS with laughter as the "teacher" quietly gets up and walks away, and the dealer, also a woman, leans over and high-fives the woman.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:19 AM

Default Re: One of the funniest things I\'ve seen and heard at a table.

very nice
Old 11-28-2004, 10:13 AM

I love it when a windbag gets taken down, especially when it's the play of the hand that gets him. Thanks for the chuckle.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:57 AM

Worst thing at any table is the teacher. I also can't stand the people who are always tapping on the tank. I want my fishies to draw to two outers and I even want them to hit them occasionally so the keep coming back. Last thing I want is some 20 year old college kid yelling to a fish that he shouldn't be playing the cards that he just won his second hand of the night with.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:33 AM

Very good one. 1-2 NL games at the Woods are a lot of fun.

Where in MA are you from?

NT
Old 11-30-2004, 09:30 AM

I'm in Ludlow, outside of Springfield. You?