Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 08:34 PM

Default 73 soooted flops a flush draw

Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB folds, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Still bet the flush draw for value with a paired board?

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

I should have folded to the raise after one other player already called, right? Anyone not like leading the turn?

River: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 09-29-2004, 08:40 PM

Default Re: 73 soooted flops a flush draw

Betting this turn is pretty bad. I'd check/call if there were no overcalls, and check/fold with an overcall. The pot is small, and the board is double-paired. Not a spot I like to be playing any flush draw in, let alone the non-nuts.

Rob
Old 09-29-2004, 08:45 PM

Turn's a (semi?-)bluff, not a value bet; I was hoping no one caught a piece of the flop and would fold to a bet. Given this reasoning, folding to the raise seems pretty obvious. I overlooked the tiny pot size at the time, because taking that into account I like your line much better.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:47 PM

Topspin, do you know your VP%IP?

I would never play 73s unless I was a blind. Even had I done so, I wouldn't have bet the turn (can anyone tell me if I am wrong about that?).
You are, in essence, charging yourself for the flush draw. Then I certianly would not have called the raise. Unless the pot is gigantic, you almost never have pot odds for two bets on a flush.

You flush isn't likely and you are losing to anyone with a bigger card than you. Not to mention a double paired board just reaks of a boat.

The river fold is probably OK, anyone with a 9 or better in thier hand is beating you. I hate to fold for one bet on the river, but if I make it to the river, I usually at least have the board beat.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:54 PM

It appears that he was posting a blind to start playing at the table. Am I right on this?
Old 09-29-2004, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Topspin, do you know your VP%IP?

I would never play 73s unless I was a blind. Even had I done so, I wouldn't have bet the turn (can anyone tell me if I am wrong about that?).
You are, in essence, charging yourself for the flush draw. Then I certianly would not have called the raise. Unless the pot is gigantic, you almost never have pot odds for two bets on a flush.

You flush isn't likely and you are losing to anyone with a bigger card than you. Not to mention a double paired board just reaks of a boat.

The river fold is probably OK, anyone with a 9 or better in thier hand is beating you. I hate to fold for one bet on the river, but if I make it to the river, I usually at least have the board beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
He posted in the CO. Preflop is fine, but you really should fold to the raise on the turn.

Rob
Old 09-29-2004, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He posted in the CO. Preflop is fine, but you really should fold to the raise on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on both counts. My overcall is pretty inexcusable here.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It appears that he was posting a blind to start playing at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2004, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It appears that he was posting a blind to start playing at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope that isn't supposed to be a comment about posting in the CO. It's pretty widely accepted here that posting in the CO is +EV, as long as you're a +EV player. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 09-29-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Results

In case anyone was curious, Button had Q9o for the flopped boat and MP1 had J8o for the rivered straight.