Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 09:49 AM

Default 2/4 hand, river play.....

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

this river stank of a check raise, the sb was a typical lag and so putting him on a 5 or 9 was possible, so is it alright if i missed this value bet?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: 2/4 hand, river play.....

3-bet the flop because you are probably ahead. If he caps then I would go into call mode. If he doesn't, and checks the turn, bet out. If he stop and go's you, call mode again. If he calls the turn and checks the river, bet out. If he calls the turn and bets out on the river, call.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:56 AM

Re your location: oh man! I JUST changed my AV from a pic from that movie (scientist at the rat maze) to my current one. It is an awesome movie.

Secondly, repost this in small stakes. We don't really cover 2/4 games here: there's some pretty significant differences between the .5/1 game and the 2/4 game on party.

Thirdly, I'd re-raise this flop against this player's checkraise.

I don't know how much value you would have gotten with a river bet here. If there were fewer opponents maybe, but still...

Wild guess and I'm probably wrong: UTG+1 has a diamond flush draw and CO has TT? Lag's got two pieces of crap that don't make anything? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: if you raise his checkraise, and UTG doesn't actually have a hand, then you're forcing CO to make a tough decision, and buying the button. This will let you make good decisions on the turn, especially if the LAG bets through the UTG guy at you.

Re-edit: it would also allow you to probably be against fewwer ops on the river, and therefore be in a better spot to bet for value.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:57 AM

I would bet the river against a LAG I think the only thing he checks here is a busted diamond draw and one of the two if not both will pay you off.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, repost this in small stakes. We don't really cover 2/4 games here: there's some pretty significant differences between the .5/1 game and the 2/4 game on party.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is totally wrong.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:59 AM

what he said.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:06 AM

Which part?
Old 03-17-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which part?

[/ QUOTE ]

All of it.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:32 AM

odd that somebody would want to force out utg+1 with a 5 in his hand... 3-bet the small blind. most of these players will sandbag the 5 even if they are lag. ill give him either a busted diamond draw or a pair like 77. lately, i have been a fan of waiting until the turn to raise. its a great way to regain the lead if the villain was full of crap on the flop as well as get more money into the pot. check behind on the river.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:38 AM

Okay, so 2/4 at Party isn't different then .5/1? And, I know it says in the FAQ that micro is 1/2 and below. Of course, it also says that this is the defacto beginners board.

But I think David is saying that people here on the micro board have experience with people playing at lower games, which in general play differently then people playing at higher limit games, and therefore, the advice on small stakes might be more beneficial.