Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2005, 06:21 AM

Default Regarding mtt`s questions from a newbee(longish)

I am quite new to mtt`s, have been playing fix l for about a year 2/4. Took a shot at a hometown tourney with 200$ buy inn came 3`d, realize it says more about the opposition then it does about me. For the last month or so I have played about 2 tourneys a day. I feel I am improving, but reckon I can keep my A game up about 70% of the time, have some glitch in the matrix usually along the way and the result then depends on how badly I am screwed. Nevertheless I see now that my accomplishment in the tourneys are more and more dependent upon key hands with real decisions and more thourough thought, and not random squandering of chips.
Q1. Given x entries, what is y result expected for a decent player( I know fees and such should be considered, but just as a guideline)
Q2. Even the best of players will not do so well if the cards never arrive, or the favourable situations are few and far apart?
Q3.I do get distracted by the amounts in the top prizes when I am in a position to become a contender on the final table. Should one care about finishing in the money often enough or opt for gold knowing it will make up for alot of merely finishing in the money( ie strong hands against strong opponent with gamblers ruin staring at you)
Q4. How do u play bigstack?? I suck [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]( and I dont play like crazy to achieve big stack, I have diciplin,do reads, make moves and evaluate all the time)
Q5. How do u prepare for a tourney , gameplan, focus, steps, to keep sharp and force good decisions and avoid fear? I have qualified for 3 wcoop events with buy ins from 215$ to 1000$ and it scares me more then it excites me [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]LOL

These are really general Q`s and possibly difficult to answer simply, but anything is appreciated and good threads/links would be usefull. And dont bother replying if there is a vacuming sound when u open your mouth [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]