Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 02-22-2005, 12:52 AM

Default AA on the bubble

Am I trying to be too tricky here for a 10+1?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t1400)
UTG (t1760)
Button (t3440)
SB (t1400)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t600</font>, Hero calls t300.

Flop: (t1200) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t800 (All-in)</font>, Hero calls t800 (All-in).
Old 02-22-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: AA on the bubble

I would reraise allin here 100% of the time. You only have 4.6 times the BB anyway. No time to get cute.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:11 AM

Yeah but its really pointless. Very little chance the guy will fold to an allin preflop. Either way Im always going allin here preflop.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I trying to be too tricky here for a 10+1?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, yes.

If villain has any kind of reasonable hand they are going to call when you come over the top all-in. If they are just trying to steal with a garbage hand with a min-raise hoping that you will fold, then you don't really want to let them see the flop for the min-raise.

I push here 100% of the time at the $11s. If they are trying to steal with junk or even a marginal hand, collect their chips preflop so they can't fold when the flop misses them or bust you when they flop a monster with junk.

There are also many types of hands where SB is correct to try and steal (but at the $11s many of the players are timid with them...) with such as small to medium pocket pairs, but will then check/fold when over cards hit on the flop. Put them to the test every time at this level with a really strong hand.

Hope this helps.