Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2004, 02:24 AM

Default some 1$ 2 $ stats from party 6 max

Here are my results from tonight
Hands 463
Hands Won 15%
Showdowns won 80%
Flops seen 38%
Hands won if Flops seen 36%
2 hours of play up 110$

is this to many flops seen??
Old 07-04-2004, 04:05 AM

Default Re: some 1$ 2 $ stats from party 6 max

I'm not playing 6-max that long but in the beginning my flop seen were about 20% now it is 24% and 30% seems good/optimum. When you are running hot it can be higher so I don't think you need to change anything... you are winning right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Guido
Old 07-04-2004, 06:56 AM

80% showdowns won is likely the screwed up stats from the site

on some 1/2 tables you get to play the blinds a lot because they dont raise pre-flop - that means you will see a lot more flops without voluntarily putting money in - i think you saw too many flops but not way too many and maybe you just got good cards

winning 15% of hands is massive - 13% is a good number

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 07-04-2004, 12:09 PM

Get Poker Tracker if you haven't already. I don't pay too much attention to how many flops I've seen, especially at 1/2 SH. If I'm playing at a passive 4-man table, I'm automatically seeing 25% of the flops and that number increases to 40% easily in that situation with the other hands I'm playing outside the BB. The important stat to look at is the VPIP number in Poker Tracker. This stat tells you how many times you voluntarily put money in the pot. Mine runs at about 21% over 15k hands.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:10 PM

My observations:

1. You are probably seeing too many flops. If it is a "full" 6 man table, you probably want to see around 30% flops (including free plays from the BB), IMO.

2. You ran very well during your session. You are winning at at 11.87BB/100 rate; I hope you realize that is unsustainable. In addition, if you played at a "full" 6 person table, that means you won nearly your fair share of pots (16.6%). This would involve you playing as loose as the average person at your table, which you do NOT want to be doing at a Party 1/2 table. Your goal is not to have the highest win%, because maximizing that number would involve playing every hand to showdown. My PT stats have me winning roughly 9-10% of the time.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine runs at about 21% over 15k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea here being that you're effectively seeing about 2 flops per orbit -- the 21% that you pay for voluntarily, and the 16.5% you get for the BB for free (16.5% is actually a little high, as you're bound to be raised when in the BB a fair amount). So in a 100% passive environment, that's a total of 37% flops seen, or probably in the ballpark of the low 30's with some PF raising.

So maybe this helps add some depth to what others have said. Certainly they're right when they say that you should go out and get PokerTracker. You'll get the cost of buying it back in a few sessions, maybe only two or three if you're playing 400+ hands per session.

Be sure to export the notes from PT if you do buy it... its a major lifesaver. Knowing that the guy who just raised you PF does so only 2% of the time is a really strong indicator that it might be time to fold and get on with life.