Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2004, 12:07 PM

Default Hey mike l. and

other fans of Pinks hot dogs, The Bike now sells your favourite hot dog. I have to let you know however, I tried one last night, and, well I wasn't impressed, they tasted a little salty for me, plus, at $3.25 and up, I don't think you get very good value for money. I'll stick to the Spicy Thai salad.

Jim
Old 06-30-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Hey mike l. and

Jim,

I understand your point of view, to each his own and all that, but I'm afraid you're just wrong. The fact that you didn't appreciate the greatness of the Pink's hot dog is not because of any weakness in the dog itself; rather, it reveals a weakness in your ability to perceive true culinary genius when shoveling it down your throat.

On Saturday, if you're there, I will demonstrate the proper way to enjoy a Pink's hot dog (assuming this stand has all the right toppings available).

Scott

P.S. Salty is good [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2004, 03:21 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i just had a chicago-style vienna beef dog at a jewish joint in st. louis. it was awesome.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:28 PM

im sure it's just like the one in hp, meaning it will have mustard, onions, chili, sauerkraut (amazing btw), cheese, and unimportant things like relish and ketchup. also they will have spicy polish dogs which are the nuts. unreal. now the one thing ive noticed both at the carts and at the real pinks is dont go there early in the afternoon. the dogs are much better if theyre a bit overcooked and soft. especially the polish dogs. so late afternoon is good or just before closing.

now if only they could somehow have the fries for chili cheese fries that would be heavenly... and if only they could have one at commerce! man that would be the nuts...

when bike starts getting mulitple 40-80 games i will come on over and check it out, otherwise it's commerce or hp for me. although i suppose i could go play at commerce and then hop over to bike for pinks and then back over to commerce. now that's a plan...
Old 06-30-2004, 04:58 PM

They probably won't have guacamole, which is unfortunate. Nothing beats a bacon chili cheese dog with onions, mustard, and mayonaise beneath the chili, and guacamole on top. If you haven't tried that, you should next time you're at the Pink's on La Brea. I've had it several times and I didn't drop dead, so I think it's good for you.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:26 PM

yes vienna hot dogs are the best. there is no comparison. i've been to pinks, and although it was good, it was not as good as a chicago dog.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:55 PM

ok yes guacamole is very good. it's also nice for a change of pace to get a double chili cheeseburger w/ guac and sauerkraut. what a mess but very delish.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:36 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

do they have "slingers" in diners elsewhere in the usa? around here it's a couple breadless cheeseburgers on a bed of hash browns with 2 eggs covered by chili. awesome.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:10 AM

"do they have "slingers" in diners elsewhere in the usa?"

never heard of it.

i hope to some day try the bbq out in your area.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im sure it's just like the one in hp, meaning it will have mustard, onions, chili, sauerkraut (amazing btw), cheese, and unimportant things like relish and ketchup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this the *exact* way you dressed it as described in that thread a while back on Other Topics? I was planning to have one that way in your honor but was too lazy to search for the thread.

[ QUOTE ]
now the one thing ive noticed both at the carts and at the real pinks is dont go there early in the afternoon. the dogs are much better if theyre a bit overcooked and soft. especially the polish dogs. so late afternoon is good or just before closing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your experience is anything like mine back in Rhode Island, the fact that many of the customers have been out drinking makes the late night dogs taste better. In Rhode Island the only choice for the cultured man is the NY System Hot Weiner, a.k.a. gagger, which are usually consumed "all dah way" with a coffee milk.

Here's another shrine to NY System Hot Weiners. I'll have to PM fellow Rhode Islander John Cole on this

[ QUOTE ]
when bike starts getting mulitple 40-80 games i will come on over and check it out, otherwise it's commerce or hp for me. although i suppose i could go play at commerce and then hop over to bike for pinks and then back over to commerce. now that's a plan...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to slum a bit and play 20/40 the games have been looking good lately. I might be able to play games in top other than no limit Thursday evenings. Otherwise I'm there Monday and Friday days and Tuesday and Saturday evenings but will be pretty busy hosting no limit.

~ Rick