Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2004, 01:29 PM

Default should i have bailed earlier?

i should have folded when i got raised on the flop right?
comments?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero raises, UTG+1 3-bets, UTG+2 caps, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 3-bets, Hero calls, UTG+1 caps, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, UTG+2 raises, Hero folds, UTG+1 3-bets, UTG+2 calls.

River: (17.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets, UTG+2 raises, UTG+1 calls $0.40 (All-In).

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows Ad As (two pair, aces and queens).
UTG+2 shows Qh Qd (four of a kind, queens).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 21.48 BB. </font>
Old 06-30-2004, 01:34 PM

Default Re: should i have bailed earlier?

You can't fold to the raise on the flop with your overpair. Of the hands your opponents could be holding you are losing to AA or QQ and beating AQ, AK, JJ, TT and possibly some others.

Once the flop is capped you have a good idea you could be losing. However, when it comes back to you 3-bet you either need to cap it yourself or fold the flop. I would cap it. If it is bet and raised on the turn you can lay down.

I think you played this hand fine.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:35 PM

Tough call, but I probably see the turn. Another club gives you many outs on the river to the second-nut flush.

I don't like to give credit to other players for big pocket pairs, but with all the EP raising here, maybe it's worth considering.

Plus, it's PokerStars. What are you doing!
Old 06-30-2004, 02:48 PM

i had a feeling that when it was capped preflop i was up against AA and JJ or QQ, when i got reraised after the flop i was sure i was beat so i let it go.. i see what your saying about my overpair though
Old 06-30-2004, 03:03 PM

I think hero played it fine.

[ QUOTE ]
However, when it comes back to you 3-bet you either need to cap it yourself or fold the flop. I would cap it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I think just calling the 3-bet on the flop gives you more information and allows you to play your hand better than if you capped it. I think capping the flop does nothing for you in this hand.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:08 PM

nothumb:

[ QUOTE ]
Once the flop is capped you have a good idea you could be losing. However, when it comes back to you 3-bet you either need to cap it yourself or fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think he can fold here with the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and in this hand, I am not sure capping the flop is necessarily the right play. I think he played the hand okay, althougth it would be nice to have some kind of read on whether these guys are lunatics, or typical players.

--Rico