Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2004, 03:58 AM

Default Where do i go from here?

I am ready to add a new book to the poker library. I currently have hpfap, top, supersystem, caro's tells, and WLLHE. I play almost exclusively hold em, but am starting to branch into stud and omaha. Multi-tabling 2-4 is my primary source of income, and over 25k hands i am sustaining around a 4bb/100 handrate. I know the sample is really deceptivly small, so i know i will encounter a lowering of this rate as i encounter my variance. I am ready to grow some more, and want to follow in someone's footsteps to do so. Preferably someone who makes lots of money. Thanks

Peace

John Nickle
Old 07-02-2004, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Where do i go from here?

If you're interested in learning stud, the stud section of Super/System will be very helpful. But I'd consider Roy West 7 Card Stud 42 Lessons: How to Win at Medium and Lower Limits essential reading.
I wouldn't recommend trying to play two tables while trying to learn stud (or any other time for my taste) since card reading/memory is so crucial.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Where do i go from here?

you can order Ed Miller's new Small Stakes Hold-Em book which is already getting rave reviews from those who have had the honor of perusing an advanced copy.

i placed my order and am hoping that it arrives in late July. i can't wait!!

i also ordered a couple of Sklansy's poker-essays books since those have also gotten good reviews.