Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2004, 11:07 PM

Default Folding A-2

I would like to know, in what kind of spots would some of you toss A-2 pre-flop?
Old 06-27-2004, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Folding A-2

counterfeit on the flop
Old 06-27-2004, 10:17 AM

Beavis - If I was virtually certain an opponent had A2XX and I didn't have two other strong or closely coordinated cards, I'd fold it.

I probably fold hands like
A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],
A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],
A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],
A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and
A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], most of the time from any position, but especially from early and middle position. I might, or might not play those hands on the button or for a half bet from the small blind, depending.

The above is not a complete list of poor A2XX starting hands - and the list is not black and white. There's some gray.

I might fold A2XX in some tournament situations, especially where it looked like I'd have to go all-in by the third betting round to play it, and especially if didn't have two other strong or closely coordinated cards - and for some other reasons as well.

Buzz
Old 06-27-2004, 04:06 PM

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:17 AM

Default A226 and A22T

A226 and A22T appear to be only marginally profitable [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] in my simulation.... consider tossing them too... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2004, 08:14 AM

If I knew I was against at least one other A2 and my hand didn't have anything else going for it, I would fold.

Let's say that there are a couple of rocks to your right. The first one raises and the second one calls. You figure either they both have A2 or the raiser has AA and the caller has A2. You look down and find A279 ns. I think that is an easy fold.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:09 AM

I've never folded A2 pre-flop (at a limit table)

Possibly this was a mistake, on the odd occasion. But, I don't think it has cost me much in the long run.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've never folded A2 pre-flop (at a limit table)

Possibly this was a mistake, on the odd occasion. But, I don't think it has cost me much in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

What limit?
Old 06-30-2004, 12:04 AM

Beavis you play WAY too many hands bro!!
Old 06-30-2004, 04:29 PM

Did you see me play last night? I was on beer induced tilt. I was playing about 75% of my hands. So yeah, I was playing way too many hands.

I try to keep it around 20%.