Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2004, 11:37 PM

Default T9s against a complete maniac/idiot

Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

On the river: if this guy has QT then i loose. I know i should have capped. I saw a monster under the bed. Flame me so i never do this again!!!

More constructively, how is the preflop play? I thought I could get in for one raise, and when it got back around i thought i had implied odds and position to call. Looking back i don't like the call. Raise? Fold? (I'm thinking raise)

BB was borderline insane. He took REEAALL good care of me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Preflop: Greg is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Greg calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP1 calls, Greg calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, Greg calls.

Turn: (11.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Greg caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (19.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Greg calls.

Final Pot: 25.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 25.70 BB, between Greg and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Greg (25.70 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 2d As (high card, ace).
Greg shows Td 9d (straight, jack high).
Outcome: Greg wins 25.70 BB. </font>
Old 06-23-2004, 11:58 PM

Default Re: T9s against a complete maniac/idiot

In a tougher game, this would probably be an auto fold when UTG raises and everyone else drops. You don't have a great hand here for heads up play, which is what it looks to be when it comes to you. Calling two more once you're in is still iffy but you have position so I would probably also call here looking to bail if the flop isn't favorable.

Flop - I like the raise, calling the 3rd bet is automatic

Turn - Standard

River - I think you have to cap it here given your said read on this guy. Only one hand beats seems unlikely given the action preflop.

Result: w0w, BB gets a star and I look for him whenever I log in.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:18 AM

Okay 2 callers to you on the button, FOLD.
Now it's 2 more, FOLD. (What do you think they are capping with, even if they are insane, what are you hoping for? flush or straight or miracle flop)

This will be a losing hand for you if you don't cap this river, how many people you know raise, call cold, or cap preflop with QT?

Lucky hand.

I think you are getting your implied odds wrong here since I think this is the one situation where you got paid off huge by a moron and probably won't get paid off like this again and you caught one of your miracle straights.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In a tougher game, this would probably be an auto fold when UTG raises and everyone else drops. You don't have a great hand here for heads up play, which is what it looks to be when it comes to you. Calling two more once you're in is still iffy but you have position so I would probably also call here looking to bail if the flop isn't favorable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I thought it was heads up, I see someone in MP called so it's a raise, a call and to you, not heads up. Sorry
Old 06-24-2004, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I thought it was heads up, I see someone in MP called so it's a raise, a call and to you, not heads up. Sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. But if it means anything I figured the SB and the BB would call. I didnt think they would reraise... but i figured the pot would be at least 4 way.

I was ready to fold this on the flop.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good points. But if it means anything I figured the SB and the BB would call. I didnt think they would reraise... but i figured the pot would be at least 4 way.

I was ready to fold this on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but I think this is how you turn T9s into a losing hand.

Do you have excellent post flop play? What if flop comes J-T-3 or T-5-2 rainbows? How are you feeling when it was capped preflop?
Old 06-24-2004, 12:48 AM

Tough situation. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am hideously out of line here, and I will learn something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My thoughts: I very much like this hand with position. I tend to think of it as a strong drawing hand. I would not, however, call it when there is a raise and a single limper, especially when I know it's going to get 3-bet behind me.

That being said, I like post-flop play. But I would cap the river too.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:42 AM

While calling preflop is kind of bad, it would not normally be totally awful except for the fact that you have the read that BB is a threat to reraise.
Where was the cap on the river?