Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2004, 03:01 PM

Default party upgrade: poker bot detection message / PTracker issue?

Just started playing PP after the upgrade and get this message:

"We have detected a poker bot program running, if you do not close it down within two hands you will be logged out".

And two hands later each of my four windows in turn were shut down (can't recall if I was logged out or not though).

I run PokerTracker auto-requesting hand histories, and that was my first thought. Sent an email to alertsd@partypoker.com explaing this and asking if they see using PokerTracker as cheating.

But since I don't see any posts here on this issue I doubt this is the problem - this would affect loads of 2+2'rs.

So, I logged back in and tried a test: logged into 4 .5-1 tables (normally I play 15-30). Kept PT off, played about a round, no problem.

Loaded up PT and switched on auto-request hand histories, played a round or two more, again no message.

So now I am thinking is it possible I could have a virus? Being even more paranoid, could said virus be somehow reading my hands and sending them off to someone who is also playing at my table?

Has anyone else seen this message?

BTW, no I do not use any poker bot programs, nor have I ever downloaded any. I have seen posts here referring to something called WinHoldem Bot, I take it this is the thing that PP are trying to stop use of. Excellent, I applaud them for it.

Will post responses from PP here when I get them.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:07 PM

Default Re: party upgrade: poker bot detection message / PTracker issue?

I would guess you've got a thread open somewhere that has the words WinHoldEm or some such thing that the software scans for. I once had a webpage open to a thread about WinHoldEm and then went to their website to see what they were pushing. I still had it open when I tried to start playing at Empire and it wouldn't let me until I closed my browser.

Patrick
Old 06-10-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Re: party upgrade: poker bot detection message / PTracker issue?

Just found this from the WinHoldEm site:

"Party Poker Advisory
Party Poker will stop play after two hands if it sees any window on your desktop with the word WinHoldEm in the title text. You can hide the WinHoldEm title bar (hint: look on the options menu). We apologize for the inconvenience. "