Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2004, 05:16 PM

Default Perspective on Bad Beats

I was originally going to post bitching about 3 bad beats in 10 hands I got at the Plaza tournament--But on my drive to Santa Barbara following the loss I managed to see a real life bad beat...A rollover fatal accident right in front of me. Any time you get a bad beat at poker, just remember its a good beat compared to a bad beat on the highway.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Perspective on Bad Beats

A rollover fatal accident right in front of me.

that is horrible, and i agree it gives perspective.

however, please return here in a week when you are jaded again and provide the beat stories.

i LOVE bad beat stories.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:53 PM

Blinds 200/400 ante 50. I have $40k, Ted Forrest has $18k. Ted limps UTG, I raise to $2000 with AK. Ted immediately goes all-in when it comes back to him. I do a little memory recall of hands I've seen him play (on TV), which include limping with ace-rag and bluff limp-reraising all in so I don't take very long to call. A9o for Ted, and the 9 in the window won it. A few hands later I get AA UTG and make it $1100 to go. Ted and the SB call. Flop QJ7 two hearts. I bet $2600. Ted calls SB folds. Turn Kh. I bet $7000, Ted goes all-in, I fold. A round later, I'm on button with KQo, Ted raises to 800 UTG. Flop AK8, Ted bets $1000, I call. Turn Q, Ted bets $1200 I make it $4200, he thinks for a while and sets me in for my last $7000. I should fold here of course, but my butthole hurt too much to take anymore and I called and lost to A8.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:43 PM

I have to agree. Anytime you think the fish on the poker table are idiots, just get on the freeway and watch how much so many drivers risk and how little they gain for taking those risks.