Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2004, 09:50 PM

Default Bad streak question - NOT a whining post

I'm typically a 2/4 player with dabbles in 3/6. In the last week I have found every way to lose.

My question is - do I stay at 2/4 during this streak? Drop down to 1/2 and right it out? In this bad streak I've had no luck at all EXCEPT in 3/6 where I have broken even.

I know one of my leaks is scary cards do not scare me enough - I just blindly keep betting (no one raises so it has not killed me).

SO - drop to 1/2 and play . . .for fun?
stay at 2/4 and ride it out?
continue to dabble in 3/6?

It is not a nightmare streak yet down only 50BBs but . . .for me it's a big deal. I've had worse streaks - just curious.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Bad streak question - NOT a whining post

50 BB's is not a lot, but that's about when you start to notice them. If you think you can keep playing good, solid poker, and have the BR to support it, stay at 2/4. But I'm sure you knew that already.

I'd wouldn't recommend playing in 3/6 just because you've been breaking even there. The cards doesn't care what limit you play at.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:18 PM

suggesting that you should step down because you lost this much is like giving in - its like an aussie rules football player getting a blood nose early in the match and deciding its a bit too rough for him to continue playing

you need to break a bone or at least badly pull a hamstring before you can sit out - thats at least 200BB's - the best players dislocate a shoulder and then argue with the runner when they are told to get off the ground

of-course if your going to get emotional about your blood nose and hear footsteps everytime your looking at the ball perhaps you shouldnt be playing this game

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 05-24-2004, 11:16 PM

Well - another reason is I have so many freaking hands to play for bonus money that gets cleared way faster at 1/2.

400 at Intertops
700 at Empire
1000 at Party

add 100 at Crypto skins
Absolute changing bonus operations coming up I'm sure by the weekend.

and $200 to clear at Pokerroom lol

I only play 1 table (stress problems)
Old 05-24-2004, 11:34 PM

$2-4 on line is generally very soft. If you're losing 50 big bets you probably have several major leaks in your game. What percentage of hands do you fold pre-flop? What percentage on the flop? What percent do you go to the river? Etc etc. If these are all in line then stick it out at $2-4, otherwise drop back and try to figure out what you're doing wrong and how you're going to fix it.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$2-4 on line is generally very soft. If you're losing 50 big bets you probably have several major leaks in your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really believe this then:

1. You haven't been playing poker for very long
2. You have never had a losing streak
3. You're an idiot
Old 05-24-2004, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$2-4 on line is generally very soft. If you're losing 50 big bets you probably have several major leaks in your game. What percentage of hands do you fold pre-flop? What percentage on the flop? What percent do you go to the river? Etc etc. If these are all in line then stick it out at $2-4, otherwise drop back and try to figure out what you're doing wrong and how you're going to fix it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? THe streaks are bigger at 2/4 then higher often cause so many players chase so long. 50bb streaks aren't uncommon....
Old 05-25-2004, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

3. You're an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, it appears someone has not yet to emerge from their losing streak :-(. Have you seen the light at the end of the tunnel, chess?

Kenshin

Ke
Old 05-25-2004, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3. You're an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, it appears someone has not yet to emerge from their losing streak :-(. Have you seen the light at the end of the tunnel, chess?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardly...I'm still down approx. 70BB from eight days ago. I managed to cut the deficit in half yesterday morning, only to have a number of -5BB to -7BB sessions since then.
I guess I do suck after all. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2004, 07:08 AM

Well - All good questions. Are you talking about the last 30,000 hands or the last 1000 where I'm not winning. I've won over 10K this year playing 1 table so it's not a matter of am I a winner. Just a strategy question.

When a person plays one table the streaks stick out more. I'm all right with leaks as I know what they are.

Soft games at 2/4? well - perhaps before summer took over. Still passive but seeing tables with less then 30% flops is not not uncommon AT PARTY. This motng Party is 35% flops.