Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2004, 10:53 AM

Default lead the flop? lead the turn? yuck.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $15.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 16.50 BB, between UTG+1, MP2 and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (16.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows 7c 6c (three of a kind, sevens).
MP2 shows 9s Ad (two pair, aces and sevens).
CO shows 5d 5h (two pair, sevens and fives).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 16.50 BB. </font>
Old 05-24-2004, 11:06 AM

Default Re: lead the flop? lead the turn? yuck.

I'd bet this flop 100% of the time and lead at the turn.

The cold-call on the turn is confusing. Are you trying to suck the others in also or think you're behind? River card sucks and fold is good, but I think I would've put 2 or 3 more bets in on previous streets.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet this flop 100% of the time and lead at the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are probably right, but why?
Old 05-24-2004, 11:46 AM

7 to the flop, they'll be another crappy ace out there, and most people won't put you on a hand as good as 2 pair when you bet the flop. Plus this flop probably hit some limper with Ax so you hope he raises and you can 3-bet.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:55 AM

why??

well for one thing you have a field behind you with an ace high flop that also contains low cards that loose people like to limp with and will call to try to hit a straight (and be wrong to do so unless its open ended or all callers to them).

further, an open ended draw like 65s or 65o may raise in a late position that would allow you the ability to 3bet making even MORE off of your flopped 2 pair.

also, betting out is a big plus because you will be raised by any old ace and you currently have top two pair allowing you to again make more money while you have the best of it...and given you checked the flop i think a raise is a very good idea but waiting till the turn isn't too bad either given the situation...

in any case i think a flop bet is 100% and i'm with the cracker.
-Barron
Old 05-24-2004, 12:07 PM

If flop had a flush draw I would lead out and bet. I don't understand your call on the turn however. Pump up the pot when you have the best of it. I don't disagree with leading out on the flop...you'll get callers who have an Ace and a draw.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:41 PM

Stox,

Agree with dcifr and cracker 100%. Lead the flop. Most of the time you will get a chance to three bet and lead the turn.

Orange
Old 05-24-2004, 01:54 PM

thanks for the feedback guys, I'm quite embearassed by this hand, as well as my AQs hand, but there's no pride here - most of my hand posts will of course be hands I think were at least questionable, if not botched all the way... In any event, I think I need to try and take a bit longer before I make some of my decisions.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:16 PM

Maybe i've still got a little too much FPS in me but I'm checking this flop with the intention of checkraising. Any flop with an Ace is going to get bet at some point. Even if it missed the field, the CO will do it for spite (among other more valid reasons) And I want to make a good portion of the field pay two cold while i have a best/vulnerable hand. It's wishful thinking to hope any sort of play is going to help you here once your 2 pair get runner runner counterfeited, but maybe you finish second instead of third this hand with the c/r [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]