Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2004, 11:13 AM

Default A healthy flops seen percentage in shorthanded games

I've been playing NL$25 on Party for a month now, doing relatively well. However, I feel I have been playing too many hands. Generally, my flops seen percentage is between 35-40%. When I was playing full ring games at limit, it was closer to 30%. I do play relatively agressively, raising preflop around 20% of the time.

Just wondering what everyone thinks is a solid area for flops seen %.
Thanks.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:03 PM

Default Re: A healthy flops seen percentage in shorthanded games

[ QUOTE ]
When I was playing full ring games at limit, it was closer to 30%

[/ QUOTE ]

this is out of the ballpark too many hands if the sample is large.

my limit "flops seen" used to linger around 12-15% but i got it up to 16-18% by opening up in what i saw were spots i could open up in and by following advice on this forum.

but you're nuts seeing 30%.

NL is different b/c the best players can just limp limp limp if that's their style...others like to raise and then change to limps for changeup...but the % of flops seen if its 40% in a FULL game is WAY too high...6 handed i think its fine since the blinds come around so often and you can play more hands.

all in all you play too loose for your skill level given you need to ask this question.

-Barron
Old 05-24-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Re: A healthy flops seen percentage in shorthanded games

In short, you should be seeing the flop about 15-20% of the time, and raising about 5-7% of your hands before the flop. At NL25, sooooo many people play stupid poker, so don't develop too many habits playing here (like raising KJ from EP). The feel of the game definitely changes when you move up in limits -- you'll see...