Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2004, 11:44 AM

Default KOTZ Events Sponsorship

Has there been any thought to the sponsorship of the KOTZ events? I would think that 2+2 has stated they do not want to be associated with these events. We have disclaimers when mentioning KOTZ in discussions.

I know JEK and BonusWhores has added several bounties to our tournies. Would it be possible or feasible to name these events either BonusWhores KOTZ events or BonusWhores.com KOTZ events? Maybe BonusWhores could throw in $100 worth of bounties on the top finisher of the previous KOTZ event that is playing.

We would benefit from the extra overlay in the tournies and BonusWhores would benefit from the extra publicity. People are always coming to the table and asking what KOTZ is and what site we are associated with. What do others think about this idea?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2004, 12:08 PM

Default Re: KOTZ Events Sponsorship

Me and Jek have sort of touched on this idea, but haven't proceeded with it. I do like the idea of sponsorship, more money in the prize pool cannot do any harm - and I am in the process of setting up KotZ's own domain so sponsorship of that would be most welcome.

I'd like to know what others think before we proceed further with this idea though, especially Ed's opinion as Tournament Director. He's done a fantastic job in spicing up the competition this year and his input is vital in any commercial decisions regarding the series.

Simon
Old 05-14-2004, 01:22 PM

Interesting. No, I haven't really thought of sponsership. But I'm open to suggestions.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:27 PM

Default [url]www.kotz.co.uk[/url]

Okay, I have finally moved the King of the Zoo pages to its own dedicated domain. Update your bookmarks to the new url - www.kotz.co.uk

I have updated all the stats, results and other stuff too, covering last nights event.

Thanks,
Simon
Old 05-14-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Re: [url]www.kotz.co.uk[/url]

Great job Simon! Thanks for the hard work! The site looks great.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2004, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think that 2+2 has stated they do not want to be associated with these events. We have disclaimers when mentioning KOTZ in discussions.

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean Simon Diamond doesn't have a proprietary interest in the Zoo? He sure acts like it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Would it be possible or feasible to name these events either BonusWhores KOTZ events or BonusWhores.com KOTZ events?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I want to be the King of the Whores!
Old 05-14-2004, 05:48 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Yes, I want to be the King of the Whores!

I don't know how hard that is, but if you change your mind and wish to become Queen of the transvestites, you'll better get in line, it might take some time before it is your turn...

William
Old 05-14-2004, 05:59 PM

I have no problems on this, but here are some considerations:
1) I already know Simon is in favor of this, but Ed needs to be too. I certainly don't want it to look like I'm trying to push this on everyone.

2) If a significant portion of the Zoo wants to keep this unsponsored, I will yield to that as well.

3) In the past, when I've done bounties, the reasons have been a combination of building goodwill, personal favors, and of course to hopefully generate visits to my site. If I am to start getting involved in a monthly sponsorship, it will be mainly to generate visits to my site, and to a lesser extent to build up additional Zoo goodwill. So, what am I getting at?

Basically right now, I operate BW.com's advertising on the basis that I'm willing to pay up to $X/click (or visit). For KotZ events, I'm willing to pay something like ($X+$Y)/click (or visit) where Y represents a small overpayment than what I normally pay as a goodwill gesture.

So, just getting the name placed on the Stars lobby would be worth some, but not a whole lot. However, combine that with a banner or two on the KotZ pages, and then we're talking more money. It is also possible that after a few months I may partially exhaust the utility of this sponsorship, and have to change the amount BW.com pays for this. So, unless a contract is signed for X months, I will reserve the right to alter the payment as I see fit as long as it's deemed reasonable by the KotZ powers that be.

Now, as for who gets the money:
1) I think any expenses incurred by the KotZ (hosting for the website, domain names, anything else) should come out of this.
2) Ed and Simon should get a share for their work
3) I personally like the idea of putting a bounty on the previous Fish of the Month, or maybe the bubble boy. But whatever you guys want is really fine w/me. If you just want it added to the prize pool, I'm going to guess that Stars will be willing to work with us on that.

Thoughts from everyone appreciated.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:18 PM

2) Ed and Simon should get a share for their work

I don't see that I should be paid for anything I do to the site, I'd rather the money is added to the prize fund to benefit the players.

3) I personally like the idea of putting a bounty on the previous Fish of the Month, or maybe the bubble boy. But whatever you guys want is really fine w/me. If you just want it added to the prize pool, I'm going to guess that Stars will be willing to work with us on that.

My personal choice would be to have the money added to the prize pool, maybe split equally amongst the money finishers, or added to the top three places. Bounties are not a bad idea though.

Ed must have the final say on all this, I am not going to undermine the hard work he has done with the event.

Simon
Old 05-14-2004, 09:59 PM

bounties on the 'fish' of the month aren't quite so feasible imo.
there have been some occasions where the 'fish' failed to make an appearance in the following tournament.

i was guilty of this as well. i was fish in oct, 03....but didnt play in nov. i actually WANTED to play to rid myself of the 'fish' title but i decided to go to a concert instead.

my preference would be for additional bounties on the King or on last month's Bubble Boy. just placing in one of the KOTZ events is exciting enough!! i see no need to juice the prize-pool. and i like the bounties, even though i have never hit one i like to have the opportunity to shoot for them.

another possibility would be to take some of the extra $$$$ and set up one of those 'pick the winners' thing that William did last month.
that seemed to be pretty popular, and i thought it was a heck of a lot of fun.