Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2004, 11:46 PM

Default Worst river ever! Bet anyway?

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter
About 35% preflop/typical. BB is somewhat loose/passive. MP2 is tight/typical.

Should I bet the river in spite of the double scare card? What about the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
Old 05-10-2004, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Worst river ever! Bet anyway?

This is one of those hands where the only calls you will get are when you are beat. I check/call this river as the only bets you will make are the induced bluffs.

Haupt_234
Old 05-11-2004, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of those hands where the only calls you will get are when you are beat. I check/call this river as the only bets you will make are the induced bluffs.

Haupt_234

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right, but considering that he is acting last he isn't going to induce any bluffs by checking it through. I think this is a clear value bet (one that I don't make often enough myself) because lower pairs will often call if you are raising enough hands pf.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:33 AM

Never underestimate the stupidity of your opponents.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Never underestimate the stupidity of your opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. Value bet the hell out of the river. You'll be beat some of the time, but with that many people seeing the river, you'll be called by worse hands enough to make you want to bet the river.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:04 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

false

both draws came runner runner. they could have a PP or one of the pairs on the board, or a worse Q.