Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Too weak?

Nothing special about the table, but this was early in the session. Seems loose/mildly aggressive.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.75 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font>

After that flop, I'm committed to calling this down at the very least, right? Anybody raise the turn?
Old 03-24-2004, 06:58 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Too weak?

Looks like he has a king with a weak kicker. He bet the flop and just called your raise. He then bet the turn because now his kicker doesn't matter anymore. So for that reason I won't raise the turn. But he could also be betting an ace here hoping you'll fold your ace or something, so you call down.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:37 PM

I was there for that hand (emoisms) i think you played it fine.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:28 PM

I was going to ask what your posting name was in here, but decided against it. It's good to know though. Sorry you couldn't have stayed at the table longer.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:37 PM

This guy was loose, but I'm not so sure he would open raise and then cap before the flop w/ a King and a weak kicker.*

I was mildly concerned about him having a hand like AKs, AKo (both unlikely), or QKs.

I figured after he raised my flop bet I was either way ahead or way behind, so I just called it down. I was worried I retreated a little too soon though.

It turns out he had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] .

*Now I'm sure.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:39 PM

With all the action pre-flop and no reads, I would play the same way even though the possibility of the K is scary.