Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2004, 08:15 AM

Default Right fold?

Early in last nights party poker 30 plus 3 no limit holdem tournament, first prize 6 grand... mmmm... 6 grand

its like 20 minuts in, i have 1040 chips, slightly below average. I get J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in early position

blinds are 15-30, i raise to 120, late position player re-raises to 210, gets 3 callers by the time its back to me. i just call, which i think i mistake 1

Flop 282, "mens wharehouse" (that is such a stupid expression....), SB checks, BB goes all in for 400. I have no idea how this person plays, he could have a deuce. But im more worried that the late raiser has a bigger pair... i think about it and fold

late P raiser goes all in over the top, all others fold. BB had 55, LPR TT

call the flop? fold before the flop? re-raise? love party poker?
Old 03-18-2004, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Right fold?

I like the preflop call with JJ here. Overplaying this hand early in a tournament is one of my (and I suspect many) player's weaknesses. Know anything about the late position player? On that flop I'm going all-in. The push looks like a pair that is QQ or less. I think AA or KK would check and hope to catch someone else. I think I'd come over the top, but that might just be because I know what happened (this would have been a good post to put your results in a sperate post).