Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2004, 11:11 PM

Default PartyPoker - Disappearing Buttons...still

Anyone else still having this problem?
Anyone know a solution?

I lose a TON of money because of this freaking issue with their software and their tech support don't know what it is, don't return phones, insist its not their problem, and simply don't care...hey they're making money.

Someone please help with this...I really hate to leave the Party games...but this is just getting ridiculous. Happened at least 2 dozen times tonight in a 3 hour timeframe!

Any recommendations?
Old 03-10-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker - Disappearing Buttons...still

Here's what I would do. Take your computer somewhere else that has a different internet service provider, a friends house, your office or school or whatever. See if the problem happens there. If it doesn't, then try to figure out what in the network environment could be responsible. If it does, then find somebody willing to lend you a computer different than yours. Install the party client on it and play using your normal internet connection. If the lent computer works fine, you've narrowed it down to your own computer. Reinstall windows and the party client. Fixed? Yes - software, no - hardware. If fixed, add back your other applications one at a time until party breaks again. If it never breaks again, you fixed it. If it does, you know what did it.