Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2004, 05:41 AM

Default Need Help - Two Bugs

In the last week there has been something mentioned about two bugs on PartyPoker.com. I cant seem to duplicate these or understand exactly what is happening. They are:
1) premature beeping
2) second table sit-out bug

Can anyone help me out by explaining these in a little more detail?
Old 02-13-2004, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Need Help - Two Bugs

Only if you can tell me why I can't seem to get the waiting list feature for specific tables to work now... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GoT
Old 02-13-2004, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) premature beeping

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds dirty.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:04 AM

second table sit-out bug

Open a table with a free seat. Sit down at a seat. Click "Wait for BB" when it's your turn to act. Then open another table.

Voila! Now you will be sat out at the first table.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:59 AM

This isn't new. This has happened for 10 months. Its annoying but really not much of a problem.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Open a table with a free seat. Sit down at a seat. Click "Wait for BB" when it's your turn to act. Then open another table.

Voila! Now you will be sat out at the first table.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks, I never put the two together. I just kept cursing every time that happened
Old 02-13-2004, 10:28 AM

The premature beeping thing is something I and a few other posters on this board have. The worst part about it is it seems to be tied into the much worse button-disappearing bug. What happens is if you've been playing for a while, like over an hour, it just starts immediately beeping when its your turn, and often then what happens is the fold/check/bet buttons pop up when its your turn and then just disappear and you can't act, although the client works fine and you can see chat and the timer and you just eventually time out and go all in. I have tried reinstalling party to no avail. It is probably some sort of memory leak.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The premature beeping thing is something I and a few other posters on this board have. The worst part about it is it seems to be tied into the much worse button-disappearing bug. What happens is if you've been playing for a while, like over an hour, it just starts immediately beeping when its your turn, and often then what happens is the fold/check/bet buttons pop up when its your turn and then just disappear and you can't act, although the client works fine and you can see chat and the timer and you just eventually time out and go all in. I have tried reinstalling party to no avail. It is probably some sort of memory leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is extremely disturbing. i will try to explain it in some detail.

after i have been playing for a while (about 10 min) the beeping starts as soon as the action is at me and the 20 sec clock instantly appears. then it just continues. five minutes later the clock starts at 15, then 14, then 13 and about an hour into play i have one or two seconds to act before i am all in.

i was worried that the problem was on my part but someone (lori, i think) pointed out that the action clock is run by your servers and not from my cpu. if thats true, the problem can't be mine.

the button disapeares when the clock is down to zero but i have found that the sit-out, post bb, buttons disapears after just about 30 mins of play.

after the update yesterday i just sat down at a play money table to see if the problem was gone and it seemed to be. at the real money tables however, it is not. i dont know if this problem ever have been excisting at play money, i guess you run that one from a different server.

Old 02-13-2004, 11:45 AM

As above, but:
The second table thing may only happen the first time after
you log in, not sure if it happens again later sometimes.

D.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:00 PM

Is this a lag problem? Someone mentioned if you sit at your tables then in the lobby change to a different lobby ie omaha that doesnt have many people and tables and try that.

That could be the difference between the play and real money that the play lobby isnt as busy with as many tables/players.

May not be that but worth a try.