Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2004, 12:29 PM

Default WSOP webcast?

Chris Moneymaker mentioned that his wife and friends were watching the WSOP webcast b/c they couldn't make it to Las Vegas. Anyone know how it works, and where I can access it from for this year's main event?
Old 02-21-2004, 01:09 PM

Default Re: WSOP webcast?

Last year it was available via:

http://www.binions.com/wsopwecome.htm

I think it was a final table pay per view webcast, I cannot recall the price.

Also, several sites had hand simulations running via software models. Stay tuned, I'm sure this forum will be over those sort of things.

Old 02-21-2004, 01:31 PM

when is the WSOP?

danny
Old 02-21-2004, 01:43 PM

Day One is Saturday, May 22nd @ 1PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:19 AM

A bunch of friends pooled and bought it at school. The commentary and video quality were pretty bad. It didn't seem like the commentators were even sitting in a place where they could see the table, so they mostly tried to talk to fill up dead air without speculating about the hands.

The real final table doesn't make compelling viewing unedited, although the Farha/Vahedi dynamic was fun to watch, and watching the whole thing gave a lot of context to the big pots when they occasionally developed.

They were having problems with the video and audio feed at the beginning, and switched commentators constantly. It was like eliminated pro open-mike night. Phil Gordon and whoever he was on with were hilarious. They were riding on Yung Pak so hard for his overly tight play that we were actually laughing out loud.

Eventually I got fed up with the quality of the presentation and drove to the Trop...

I think it cost ten of us something like 10 bucks each with chinese food thrown in, though. Not bad for the price.

scrub
Old 02-22-2004, 08:23 PM

I believe it was $29.95, and I think they also threw in a package where you got a free room at Binion's for a couple days, free chips, and a bunch of other stuff. What they originally wanted to do was give away a seat to everyone who signed up, but the Gaming Commission put a stop to that, considering it a lottery.

Kevin...