Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 04:02 PM

Default How to tell when your \'A\' game has gone to sleep

Well, my 1st horrible weekend, down 150BB. I know you've all been there, thanks in advance for the sympathy. These 2 hands convinced me I'd finally lost all touch with poker reality, and it was time to follow my 'A' game [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Hand Last-1 (This is Party .5/1, btw, fairly typical, a couple of loose agressives to liven things up, everybody else just calling 'till their K5 offs suck out)

A9 offsuit in SB

8 limpers, I call, BB checks

Flop is Q 8 3, Q8 suited w/ my A

I check, call LP bettor, about 5 of us call

Turn is 3rd of suit, still no pairs, I check, call same LP bettor, only 3 callers this time

River is 4th of my suit, I bet, get 2 callers

Hand Last

KK on Button. Best hand I'd had since yesterday!

6 limpers, I raise, 6 callers.

Flop is Q 10 4. Q & 10 are suited, but not with any of mine. Checked around to me, I bet. 2 callers, a raise & re-raise back to me (one of which is an all-in), I cap, 5 to the Turn, which is...

9 of suit. b4 it gets to me there's a bet, a raise & a re-raise.

I fold, all fold but they as really like their hands and the all-in

River is another 4, betting is capped, and I thought, 'somebody's too stupid to see their flush is no good'

'till the all-in showed 2 pair, 10s and 4s and won

I guess they were busy pumping up their AKo's, but by this time I was so used to seeing everybody else's draws get there, I figured this was just another case where TP was no good.

and off to bed I went. Today's another day, hopefully my powers of reasoning will be there when I am [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Regards

Gar
Old 02-09-2004, 04:07 PM

Default Re: How to tell when your \'A\' game has gone to sleep

Good turn fold on hand 2 - I wouldn't even always cap the flop.

It looks like you're looking at straight over set or set over set or something on the turn, I don't see how you can call here with just one pair (even if it is an overpair).

That just seems incredibly strange that they'd 3-bet the turn and cap the river with no pair. I'm not one to go around screaming collusion, but it certainly seems fishy (although maybe that's all it was [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])...