Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 10:29 AM

Default Flopped 2nd pair in a family pot - UB 1/2

UB 1/2, table is pretty loose passive (especially for UB).

I'm UTG+1 with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

UTG limps, I limp, 2 MP limpers, CO poster checks, button limps, SB folds, BB checks. 7 to the flop for SB.

<font color="blue"> I know this has been debated here many times, but I'm limping KQo in EP, this is different from the way I used to play it but I'm finding more success this way </font>

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB and UTG check, I check, MP bets, button calls, BB calls, I call. 4 of us left for 11 SB.

<font color="blue"> I'm not all that confident with my 2nd pair here with so many limpers (one of these clowns has to have a A) so I figure I check and see the action behind me. When it comes back to me I think a call is in order, especially with only 1 to act behind me.</font>

Turn is the glorious Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet out, all 3 call. 9 BB in there.

<font color="blue"> As soon as the Q fell, I thought check raise. But then I looked again, with so many draws out there and a table full of callers a free card would be a disaster so I bet out. Probably didn't maximize the pot, but better to be safe than sorry here. </font>

River is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet, MP calls, button and BB fold.

How did I do here? Any comments on my logic, especially the turn play?
Old 02-06-2004, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Flopped 2nd pair in a family pot - UB 1/2

I like the limp if you dont think you could have kept the pot short handed by raising.
I would have bet the flop, unless I had any reason to fear a raise.
Turn: Bet my way, checkraise your way. Free card doesnt hurt you that much since its pretty easy to see which help them and which doesnt. You have some particular reason to think the guy wont bet again ?
River:yeah well...bet...good...
Old 02-06-2004, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Flopped 2nd pair in a family pot - UB 1/2

Thanks Trix

[ QUOTE ]
I like the limp if you dont think you could have kept the pot short handed by raising

[/ QUOTE ]

In a typical tight UB game I probably come out raising here, at least to thin the field behind me. Sometimes even take it down right there, but that pesky UTG limper tosses that out.

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the flop, unless I had any reason to fear a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at it again, my play looks pretty weak here. I had no specific reads or evidence that shows me I'd be facing a raise, you're right I think a bet was in order.

[ QUOTE ]
Free card doesnt hurt you that much since its pretty easy to see which help them and which doesnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree here, if that str8 or flush card falls (and more importantly, if they get it for free) it kills me, whether I know it or not. Sure, if it falls and my opponents wake up and start firing away it will be easy to fold, but I need to at least make sure they pay for the card regardless. I don't like giving three opponents unlimted odds to outdraw me.