Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2004, 11:14 PM

Default 2-tone in the SB

3/6 at Party. Table is loose and mostly passive. 9-handed.

I'm dealt 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB.
EP1 limps, EP3 limps, MP2 limps, CO limps, button limps, I complete, BB checks.
7 to the flop.

[8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] 3 BB.
I bet, EP3 call, MP2 raise, button 3-bets, I cap, EP3 folds, MP2 calls, button calls.
3 to the turn.

Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] 9 BB.
I bet, they both call.

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] 11.5 BB.
I bet, they both call.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:12 AM

Default Re: 2-tone in the SB

2-tone in SB? You were suited.

The hand itself looks fine. The turn card doesn't change anything. If you're ahead, you're still ahead. If someone was playing JT, you're still behind. But you'd definitely get a raise from someone with JT.

The flush card on the river is only a little scary. The only way I can see someone sticking around through all that flop action with a backdoor flush draw is if they had the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. People play all sorts of garbage, but I think the two most likely hands that you'd be behind would be KT[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or T8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The pot is big and you'll get called by lesser hands, so you have to bet out.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:16 AM

Default Re: 2-tone in the SB

Ops.
Was a bit tired when I posted it. The topic is wrong, yes.