Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2004, 12:52 PM

Default California Poker

I was at the table when this hand went down:

40-80 at Commerce. Player A open-raises, Player B 3bets Player C caps. The big blind calls the 3 raises (!) and all call; the flop is K-Q-4. There's a bet and a raise, which doesn't knock anybody out. Turn is a J; checked around. River is a 9; checked around (!). Pocket 8s takes it down. I witnessed this with my own eyes.

No, none of these players was your truly, but I did manage to get stuck a rack and half in this must-move game before I must moved. This might have been a tougher trick than winning the above mentioned pot with pocket 8s. The game I must moved to was exceptionally tight and tough; I got even and even made a few bucks.

Go figure.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: California Poker

well, at least they all checked postflop, so i guess it's somewhat sane... I've seen some downright crazy things on PartyPoker recently..

Hand 1:

board on the turn: K J Q T

player A & B go off for a cap.

river is a blank

player A checks, player B bets, player A check raises, player B calls. Player A scoops it with 99.

Hand 2 I was involved in yesterday:

board on the river: K T 8 A Q, no flush possible

I bet with AJ. Player A calls, Player B raises, Player C cold calls the raise. I decide at least one of them don't have a J, so I want to charge them. I 3-bet. Player A folds, Player B caps, Player C calls the cap. I of course call. I scoop it.

Sometimes I wonder how I can go on 300bet rushes on partypoker... then after I witness hands like these it doesn't seem all that amazing.