Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2004, 12:05 AM

Default Party Glitch That Burns Me Up

I am extremely PO'd right now so sorry if this has been discused or doesn't make sense.

Party software is a piece of crap but generally the poker is fair. However, it has a glitch which cost me second place in a tourney today.

If the BB is all in for an amount less than the small blind, it gives the small blind the option to call the full amount or fold even though the SB has the BB covered.

Worse yet, if the SB folds, the BB gets all of the SB's chips even though it didn't have that many chips.

As an example today three handed BB has 110 and I am UTG with about 700. Blinds are 250/500 and I had a tough decision but folded. I figured at worst the BB doubles up and is still forced all in against me.

Not only does the SB fold his 250 (even though he had the full amount covered), the BB collects the full 250 even though he only had 110 to start with.

This is complete BS and I am thinking of asking Party for half the second place money. I know you may think this is unfair for me to ask but I would have called if I had known the software was so screwed up the BB wouldn't be forced all in next hand.

Regards
Old 01-17-2004, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Paty Glitch That Burns Me Up

This burns me up to. I have seen it cost me as well. I don't think you will get anywhere, but I would ask. Lately I have been playing a lot on Paradise or Poker Stars because of starting with more chips (1000 chips in $20 tourneys on Paradise) and much better software.

Unfortunately think Party still has the softest games and ultimately, you still make the most money there.....

Old 01-17-2004, 12:18 AM

This is the email I sent party. Look at the hand below and you will see why I am so mad. The BB would have been forced into two all ins in a row. I will update you all if I got my money back.

My email:

I am a pretty loyal customer of Party Poker but you all have a software glitch that cost me $30 and I would like that $30 credited into my account. I am sure you are aware of the problem but it cost me that money today. I am sending the email to Mike O'Malley as well because I respect his opinion and thoughts. Here is the problem:

If the BB has fewer tournament chips than the SB amount, when the SB is prompted to act, he is given the choice of calling the full amount of the BB or folding. This is the case even though he has the amount the BB has placed covered.

There is also a second glitch. If the SB folds, the BB gets the full amount of the SB's chips even if he did not have that money covered. Please see the hand below and I will explain further.

***** Hand History for Game 337628363 *****
500/1000 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 1918410) - Fri Jan 16 22:47:00 EST 2004
Table Card Room Table 3668 (Real Money) -- Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 3
Seat 4: x (7210)
Seat 8: y (110)
Seat 10: z (680)
x posts small blind (250)
y posts big blind (110)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to z [ 3c, Ks ]
z folds.
x folds.
** Summary **
Main Pot: 360
x balance 6960, lost 250 (folded)
y balance 360, bet 110, collected 360, net +250
z balance 680, didn't bet (folded)

In the hand below, the small blind had 250 chips in play, more than the BB held (110). Not only did the BB win the hand, he got the full 250 chips from the SB even though he should only have doubled up to 220 chips. I folded under the gun because even had the BB won the hand, he would have been forced all in against me. That was what I based my decision on. I am grinding trying to make money playing poker and am trying to make freeze out decisions to the best of my ability. When the BB got those chips, it effectively shot out my ability to play the freeze out.

I hope this makes sense and feel I should be credited $30. I am not asking for any ev from the chances I could have made first. I feel this will balance out the possiblity that the BB could have won two forced all ins in a row.
Regards
Old 01-17-2004, 12:22 AM

Perfectly reasonable in my opinion. The issue is exactly what you say. I might note that I also think the letter is well written
Old 01-17-2004, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Party Glitch That Burns Me Up

That's pitiful, you have every right to be angry, unlike a lot of people who complain about other party glitches.
Also I suspect collusion from the big stack.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:53 AM

I will say this: Mike O'Malley is a straight forward guy and a godsend for those of us who play regularly at Party.

Believe it or not PP credited me with $60. I had only asked for $30. I had cc'ed Mike on my complaint email and I think he was pretty much responsible for me getting my money.

I complain when it is warranted but I also want to give credit where it is due. Party support did a fantastic job.

Additional big news, they have fixed the bug and the problem will be corrected starting Tuesday.
Old 01-17-2004, 01:01 PM

I agree this flaw is irritating as all hell. I've seen it happen, so you aren't the only one who's been irritated by this.

However, asking party to do anything is equal to banging head on a brick wall. REAL hard.

al
Old 01-17-2004, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Party Glitch That Burns Me Up - Solution!

All you have to do in that situation is to call the full bet. When you do the main pot will be only 220 and you will get the remaining 390 back from the side pot. This way you are not folding and have a chance to pick him off. Worst case scenerio is that you lose only 110.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Party Glitch That Burns Me Up - Solution!

The problem is I act before the SB. If the SB completes, we have a bigger side pot than you mention.

I am surprised nobody is shocked and awed I got $60 back from Party.

In other news, MOM stated Party has the intention of having two table SNG's at some point (at least it is on his list of things to implement).
Old 01-17-2004, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will say this: Mike O'Malley is a straight forward guy and a godsend for those of us who play regularly at Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the heck is Mike O'Malley?