Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2004, 08:28 PM

Default Help please, i sure as hell need it,

Hey boys and girls, this is the biggest question ive asked here, but i need some serious advice. I am a relatively new poker player, been playing for about a year, and i'm a small but consistant winner. I don't make a whole lot of big bucks but i do ok. Well i've continually entered the UB 3 dollar Stone Cold Nuts tourney super sataliettes jusdt because i saw how incredibly poorly people played in them and how often they rebought. Long story short i won my way into the big one which is on Jan 11. I'm a college student and my honors program is sending me to Florence the same day and there is no way i can play, and ub won't let me sell the account. I want to play badly but at the moment there is absolutely nothing i can do that will let me play this tournament. Advice? the only think i can possibly think of is to let some honest soul who is reputable on this site play my account for me and recieve a cut of the potential winnings, but i'm surely open to other ideas. Please help a poor college kid who doesn't feel like seeing my 2050 dollar rot. Thanks again.

-Jdanz
Old 01-04-2004, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Help please, i sure as hell need it,

You do have a tough situation. Your best bet is to have a relative or friend that you know in real life play for you. You could teach even a total newbie "The System" (see Sklansky, "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players").

If you do get a stranger to play for you, I think you should ask for money up front, enough to ensure the person is serious and so you win something regardless. If the tournament entry fee is $2000 I would sell the seat for $500 plus a 50% split. That is enough of an overlay that any serious player should jump at it.

Good luck.

Paul

Paul
Old 01-04-2004, 08:49 PM

i can't think of anything else you could do. one bit of advice: don't let anyone you don't know very well play for you, and make sure to very clearly agree on his cut ahead of time, to prevent potential problems from arising.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:00 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Isn't the replacement playing from the college kid's account? that means any winnigs beeing credited to the kid's account?
I think here it is the replacement that has to worry about getting his share.