Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2004, 02:36 AM

Default A First for Me

I made my $200 deposit to UB to get my bonus. Well, I lost my $200 before I cleared it. I have never done that before. Anybody ever done that? What a run of cards (not for me). AA lost to 95o, KK lost to J4o, Ak (flop a K) lost to 35o, etc etc etc...........I guess I'll deposit some more (and hopefully not lose it) to try and clear the bonus. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2004, 02:38 AM

Default Re: A First for Me

i just deposited $500 today , got the bonus, and lost the $500 while only clearing something like $3 of bonus. ooops
Old 01-02-2004, 03:31 AM

what the hell, how are u guys busting out at ultimate? i just recently signed up at ub and its the best site ever. what limit are u guys playing? maybe u guys are playing too high of a limit.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:16 AM

Stuck $115.37 in attempt to clear a total of $300 of bonuses
on ultimatebet.com (not including the cleared bonuses). On
the other hand, WITH the cleared bonuses, I am up a whopping
$89.25 and now with $95.38 to clear. Lately, I have been
stepping down to 2-4 and under! I read from some post that
on average (at least for the low limit games), the rake is
more brutal on ub than on party. Maybe the bots have
infiltrated!

Clearly, the games are not as soft as those on party poker!
Old 01-02-2004, 10:37 AM

I just put some money into UB this week and had a pretty awful starting session. Didn't bust out (yet), but it sure wasn't fun. I wasn't able to drag any pots that were much more than blind steals, but sure contributed to a few biggies. My hands wouldn't hold up and the deck was hitting about 3 folks in the face all night. Wasn't lots of rediculous hands being played (none of that Q3s, 95o type of stuff) but a couple guys were just getting monster hand after monster hand (one guy had AA back to back and 3 of 5 hands were AK or better!)

Figured it was just me - I seem to have a way of making the dealer pull off some minor miracles for some lucky player no matter where I go.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:19 AM

Ive simply come to terms with the simple fact that i cant beat the 10-20$ cash games at UB and now i simply stick to tournaments and sit'n'goes.

Last time UB had 50% bonus the games became great espically the 4-8$ miniblind with lots of new players more intrested in gaining UB-points then playing winning poker.

A tip for cashing out your bonus cash is to help start up empty tables since that will give you double UB-points.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:16 PM

it's not the best site ever. well, i assume that you're talking about profitable.. party is the most profitable site, that is just common knowledge i think. i do like UB though..

i bought in for $500 and just dropped it onto a 10-20 6 max table, that's what i play regularly on party. i wasn't technically bonus whoring, i was just trying out a new site and happened to be earning bonus money. $500 is a perfect buy in for the 10-20 6 max games,.. the reason i went bust obviously is because $500 isn't a sufficient bankroll for the games.. but i figured it's just like sitting at a party table and buyin in for $500. it's all money