Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2003, 11:53 AM

Default Ameristar St. Charles, MO - Anyone been there lately?

I went the the Ameristar in St. Charles several times in July and August after work. I usually arrived around 5:00 pm on wed and thurs nights. Problem was, the wait list kept getting longer and longer, even though there were plenty of empty tables. It's a nice room, but the management was pretty poor. Anyone been there lately? Have they finally "trained more dealers". I'd like to start coming back in the evenings again, but I don't want to sit around for 2+ hours to get a seat. Any suggestions?
Old 12-31-2003, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Ameristar St. Charles, MO - Anyone been there lately?

I was there Friday night and the lists were amazing. My girlfriend was going to play $3-$6 hold-em but there were four full tables and over 100 on the waiting list (according to one of the dealers). I did not count the list but 100 would have been close. One year ago they had trouble filling up the tables on weekends.

I played $20-$40 and the list was not quite as bad there. About one hour wait on average I would say. The action seemed much better than one year ago.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Ameristar St. Charles, MO - Anyone been there lately?

I play at the Ameristar in KCMO and we've seen the same type of increases. I'm guessing it's due to ESPN's coverage of the WSOP and Travel Channel's WPT. Tons upon tons of new players at the tables. Very juicy.

Typical waiting lists on 3-6 w/Kill and 5-10 are 30-40 deep with 3-5 tables going on each every friday/saturday. I will admit that the wait times seem shorter than in the past. Maybe an hour total before you would have a seat.

KUBowler