Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2003, 10:25 AM

Default Sick of these Granny pussies

Well, anyone who read that subject line probably got a nice little laugh on the double entendre.

In any event, it sickens me to see all of these fearful children who call with Granny PF and then pass it off as slowplaying.

You are chickening out!

Maximize profits! Granny ain't for the faint of heart, and to see her good name ruined by a slow-play is a shame at best, a travesty at worst.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:16 AM

Default A sad GrannyMae

Here's the tale of a sad GrannyMae

A moonless night had fallen on a desolate 15-30 game. Driving sheets of raises poured upon me and the aggression nearly blew me from my already unsteady steps.

Off in the distance, I see a figure spinning toward me. As it nears, I'm comforted by my welcome friend, the Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. As my confidence builds and I feel that I may be able to battle the storm, I'm elated when I see the perfect mate to the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Surely, my day has come.

Some peon has the audacity to limp UTG. He shall pay for his transgressions. With a certain unspoken fear, all others fold to me, anxiously waiting for my action. I don't disappoint when I cast a raise upon him. The Big Buffoon(BB) calls, obviously focused on something else. UTG, stunned that he entered the pot, calls.

We see a flop of: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I gently mumble "I told you so" as I shake my head, sorry for my helpless opponents. It's checked to me and I bet with a raw power that has injured many and killed a few. BB is knocked nearly off the table, and UTG stares, aware of his potential demise, and calls.

People can see the confidence I exude as we see the turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

UTG checks to me, I bet and in a midst of flying chips and minor eye injuries, it's capped. Capped? Surely not? Against the GrannyMae?

Sighhhh, I know what's coming. I now know MY fate. River:K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG bets out, the table is in shock as am I. Completely numb, I see myself clicking "call", but I'm barely aware of my surroundings.

Just as I had feared, UTG shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the GrannyMae is defeated.

I'm sorry if I've ruined anyone's good day.
Old 12-16-2003, 01:14 PM

Default Re: A sad GrannyMae

doesn't the dealer know that the proper procedure here is to deal out additional river cards as needed until the GrannyMae has made at least a full house?

you should have complained to the floor.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Sick of these Granny pussies

HEY, I have raised every granny and thinned the field too much for the flush that comes and the QQJ flops...be careful what advice you give.

I am getting ready to going back to raising for value, after three or four people are in, but not first in...gotta limp there to get more calle!
Old 12-16-2003, 03:17 PM

gotta limp there to get more calle!

I will accept limp-reraise as a viable Granny Mae option to maximize profits. But only in loose games with an over-aggressive button.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:17 PM

[quote
I will accept limp-reraise as a viable Granny Mae option to maximize profits. But only in loose games with an over-aggressive button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's how I like my women! Yeehaaaaw!
Old 12-16-2003, 04:51 PM

Default Hence, Granny Pussies (n/m)