Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2003, 05:24 AM

Default Question on WIlson\'s Texas Turbo hold em software

Which is better the regular version or the tournament version? I notice that the tourny version is cheaper, is this because you also need the first version to use this one?

I would like feedback on both.
Thanks
Old 11-21-2003, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Question on WIlson\'s Texas Turbo hold em software

Reg is suppose to have the higher IQ. I've heard nothign but bad things about the tournament version.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:06 AM

The two serve different purposes - Turbo includes the advisor and simulation software but is restricted to fixed limit games. It has much more funtionality than the Tournament version, and hence is more expensive.

Tournament THE simply lets you decide on a tournament structure (fixed, pot or no limit) and then lets you play out this tournament. Therefore its very useful for practicing the skills required for tournaments but is much more limited. I must admit I was a little disappointed with the level of tournament stats available on this version (which is pretty much restricted to your chip position vs the leader).

Personally I think, depending on your aims, there is potentially a need for both of them, although I would suggest Turbo is by far the more useful to a beginning player looking to gain experience before venturing too heavily into cash games.
Old 11-23-2003, 03:31 PM

Realize that TTH is a full version ahead of teh tournament version (V5 vs V4). My understanding is that Tournament version 5 will be as sophisiticated as the ring version.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:19 AM

They are both stand alone programs.

I bought both, they are no graphical masterpieces by any stretch, very old school graphics, but that's not really why you buy these.

I need to go back and try them both out again, I haven't played either in about 2 months, and I have definitely taken my play to a new level. 8)

If visiting vegas both are sold at the gambler's general store at 200 Main St. that is where I snagged em.

If just getting one, I'd get the regular table version, $90 if I recall.

-t