Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2003, 02:26 PM

Default Something I\'ve Always Been Curius About

Rightly or wrongly my observation has been that distrust of the government seems to be more prevelant and deeper among those that are left leaning. Nothing necessarily wrong with that. The deeper, more prevlant distrust of government seems to breed IMO quite a few government conspiracy theories. I know that the JFK assassanation has been discussed at length here many times so I'm not trying to resurrect a discussion of that case again. However, my observation is that the left leaning do a total about face on the JFK assassanation i.e. the FBI, CIA, Congress and the presidentially appointed Warren Commission found all of the facts, made all of the right conclusions, their subsequent explanations make total sense and any notion of any government cover up or conspiracy is nonesense and outlandish. Why is there the total trust of the government and it's findings by the left in this case of all cases? At least that's my take. I like brad a lot and I have to give him his due, he's suspicious of all governement activity including the JFK assassanation and the subsequent investigation.
Old 11-08-2003, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Something I\'ve Always Been Curius About

'I like brad a lot and I have to give him his due'

gee thanks but i was hoping you were gonna follow this by saying i support my positions with facts and im rational heh. (like in usatoday florida recount propaganda piece)

as for the government being criminal, well, i mean its just not even close. the local draft boards are being reconstituted as we speak, and of course a draft is necessary as weve got 5 more countries to go.(short term)

really though people are just too stupid the super wealthy/powerful have figured out how to manipulate people and even a lot of death wont wake them up. (eg, take gandi. even though he wasnt responsible for kicking out british, he gets credit, but still, take gandi. the quote unquote new world order crowd now knows how to handle him. its easy. you infiltrate his organization, you have his org. resort to violence, you then smear him in the media as a leader of a terrorist group. throw in innuendo of young boys or something. he may even deny it but things keep getting blown up and thats it its over no one would ever suspect british of killing own people. -- remember bush after 911 saying dont believe these outrageous conspiracy theories. without internet he wouldnt have had to even mention it cause of media lockdown. etc.)
Old 11-08-2003, 03:37 PM

Default Usurious

I know that I'm assumed here to be part of the larger notion of Left, which would make lots of people laugh, in real life, but so be it. I will state that, although I used to think otherwise, the (public) evidence I happened to have come across and studied, such as Posner's book, points to the lone gunman answer. I do not believe that the JFK assassination was the result of a conspiracy -- although no sane person would rule out the possibility that conspiracies to that end were indeed taking place in various circles of Americana.

One of the things I have learned about the Orthodox Left's mentiality is that they distrust practically everybody and everything! Especially simple and obvious solutions to problems. They are the archenemies of Occam's Razor.
Old 11-08-2003, 03:54 PM

maybe cause they want big daddy gov , or johnson a dem so he looked into it.

----------------

http://www.infowars.com/print/nwo/no...ds_cartoon.htm

neat cartoon and all true stuff ive read before
Old 11-08-2003, 04:10 PM

"gee thanks but i was hoping you were gonna follow this by saying i support my positions with facts and im rational heh. (like in usatoday florida recount propaganda piece)"

Let's put it this way, IMO your skepticism and the evidence supporting your positions are rational. I don't agree always with the conclusions you reach but they certainly encourage me to view issues from another perspective. I have come to the conclusion that I need to view government more askance than I do. Somehow I find your consistent skepticism and questioning an admirable trait really.
Old 11-08-2003, 04:19 PM

Could be but JFK was a Democrat too who at least voiced his support for left wing causes. The government line was that some left wing nut killed JFK. I would think that somehow those on the left would take umbrage with that.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:08 PM

really u should listen 2 alex jones, live streaming internet is free. it'll blow your mind.

hes totally rational, reads mainstream ap/reuters newspaper articles, has high level guests (congressmen, etc.),
discusses important issues youve probably never heard of (rfid, microchip) and thier interrelationship,

and

he totally goes off screaming and yelling (monologues only not with guests) which is really funny (but sad since its all true).

what i mean is very entertaining and very informative.

Old 11-08-2003, 10:16 PM

well i think most people think of oswald (anti-castro, etc.) as more of a right wing ( i mean hey he owned guns!)

but anyway that doesnt matter.

people look at it the other way around.

big gov is answer. they take care of us. (cant tell you how many 30 y.o. women off internet i meet who get money from .gov, like its their daddy).

daddy doesnt do any wrong. what? you say my daddy had something to do with what? a killing? a big evil preplanned thing? no way!

what do u mean what happened? a freakin nut killed him! thats what! daddy make the world safe for me (take away all guns) (oh and by the way keep sending me money). and people call me names cant they get in trouble for that (hate speech, pc correctness, etc.)

hillary's 'it takes a village'. well [censored] of course it takes a village if instead of having to send your bastard kids to an orphanage you get sent money instead.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:26 PM

in case u missed it. (florida recount thing)
basically usatoday does a whole propaganda piece on florida 2000. its the subthread around this post below.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;o=&vc=1
Old 11-08-2003, 11:15 PM

Tom, the odd thing is that most people on the left think that there is a deep distrust of the govt by the people on the right. The right distrusts the govt on most domestic spending issues and believes --- if left to itself with out the oversight of the right wing groups, the govt will spend the country into poverty.

So, one has to conclude that people distrust the govt when they dont agree with it and not that the govt is worthy of trust on any issue.

Dismissing and rehashing the JFK assisination is amusing to watch and follow but completely benign. Dismissing intelligence failures, for example, is dangerous. Someday intelligence may lead a future president to incorrectly deploy nuclear weapons. If our justice dept is actually running amok that is dangerous. Who killed JFK, frankly in the pragmatic sense, do we really care?