Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 05:44 PM

Default $15/$30 PartyPoker Game... First Post Here

Ok, due to people sitting out our 10 handed game has been reduced to six. I must admit I am nowhere near as good short-handed as in a full game.
UTG I raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG+1 re-raises, it folds around to me and I call.

Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I decide against the slowplay and lead into him, he raises I just call thinking I can get more bets later.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I check-raise and he just calls. River: another 5, I bet he calls.

I felt like maybe I missed some bets here, any comments or suggestions appreciated. Should I have 3-bet the flop, or am I risking losing bigger bets later? Should I lead on the turn to try to get 3-bets? Should I even be raising under the gun with A6s, limp or fold. I am trying to keep this in the context of a ten-handed game that has just turned short if that makes any difference versus playing at a 6max table. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:31 PM

Default Re: $15/$30 PartyPoker Game... First Post Here

For a heads-up confrontation, I think you did fine. Be thankful that either the third card to your trips helped your opponent, or he had a pair, or else you would have gotten no action [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 08:00 PM

well played!
Old 11-10-2003, 08:17 AM

You played it allright postflop and the other streets as well. There's not much else, which you could have gotten more bets. However, but the open-raise UTG with A6 suited is a bad play in my eyes.

First, this hand is more or less crap you were just very lucky to hit a good flop. And if you play that hand, don't raise. You need to have as many people in the game as possible to give you better drawing odds in case you flop a four flush. However, I'd fold that hand UTG, I'd played it only shorthanded (shorter than 6), or if I know it's a very passive game with mostly no raising preflop and many players limp usually.

Good luck

Good luck