Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2003, 12:17 PM

Default Hellmuth gets no respect in club pot limit game

Phil Hellmuth has visited a NYC Card room several times following tourney's at FW. On his most recent visit, several players and dealers report, he lost a hand to a regular. This player is well known for his over the top insults and coffeehousing after he wins a hand. As Phil got up to leave the table, the player screamed after him "Come back and I'll open you up like an clam." I'm sure Hellmuth could care --but I thought it was very funny. Kind of like a high school kid hitting a jumper in a pick up game with Kobe and talking trash....
Old 11-21-2003, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth gets no respect in club pot limit game

I'm sure Hellmuth could care --but I thought it was very funny. Kind of like a high school kid hitting a jumper in a pick up game with Kobe and talking trash....

What if LeBron James talked trash to Kobe last year while LeBron still attended high school?

Bad analogy. Just because Helmuth plays in big buy in tournamants it doesnt mean players from the underground clubs have less skill than him. They probably on average do have more skills.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:47 PM

Can't agree. Hellmuth may be a mediocre limit player, but his tournament record is siimply too good to dismiss. You're right about Lebron, though. He can talk all the trash he wants.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:03 PM

yeah, pretty funny stuff, by the way where is that dude's bracelet? oh yeah , he will never get one
Old 11-21-2003, 01:09 PM

Can't agree. Hellmuth may be a mediocre limit player, but his tournament record is siimply too good to dismiss.

You didnt say anything about a tournament. You mentioned a pot limit game. I dont think you can compare the two.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, pretty funny stuff, by the way where is that dude's bracelet? oh yeah , he will never get one

[/ QUOTE ]

Daryn you seem to be hung up on numbers of bracelets. Well I can own a dozen just by going to the pawn shop across from Binions. What does that tell you about the value of a WSOP bracelet? Now money, that has value and it will buy or win all the bracelets you want.

Old 11-21-2003, 01:15 PM

the key about having the bracelet is earning it by winning. i can go out and buy a trophy and even engrave it to say something like "world spelling bee champion", but i'm not the champ.. some indian home schooled kid with a speech impediment is.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:16 PM

What club was this? PS?
Old 11-21-2003, 01:17 PM

are you really going to try to argue with wakeupcall? You'd be better off trying to argue Stu Ungar with Ryan_21.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:17 PM

while we're talking about these clubs, what is the deal with them? how does one find out about them and how do you play in them? are they underground or something? someone who knows about these drop some info please, or PM me i guess. no names needed, just how do they operate