Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2003, 09:25 AM

Default Firepay questions

Since the fools at Neteller has banned me for life, I am forced to look for alternatives when it comes to bonus whoring. My questions for firepay are these:

1) I am in australia. I do not intend to fund my firepay account from a u.s-based account and merely want to use firepay to transfer money from poker site to poker site. Am I able to use firepay for this the same way I have been using Neteller? The strange thing is, when I signed up, I was unable to select Australia as a country and U.S. was the only forced option.

2) Firepay doesn't do cash withdrawals by mail. If I use firepay to deposit money in a pokersite, say $100, i then manage to turn this to $150, i understand that it's the sites policy to reverse the $100 back into firepay and $50 by any method I choose. Could an exception be made for my case that I can withdraw the whole amount by mail from a pokersite instead of doing this reversal-thingy?

3) I can't find a support phone number or even a support e-mail from the firepay website! Is this fishy or what?

Your kindest responses appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2003, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Firepay questions

I have heard some reliable people say that FirePay is Shady.

-AA
Old 10-11-2003, 09:55 AM

I am not sure about the Firepay information...I had a Firepay account and got rid of it as soon as neteller got going, but I strongly suggest that you find a network of friends who can help you move money around the net...the obvious player to player transfer sites are Planet, Paradise, Party/Empire, but not to each other, Stars, UB, and surprisingly, Delta...I know of a few others, but they only do transfers from host to host...are there any others that do transfers? I know Golden Palace, and I believe True and Pacific do not do transfers. Does Prima, Pokerroom, the PokerClub or Dynamite?

It will speed things up to move from site to site, cause my memory, Firepay was slower than neteller.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:56 AM

A good search in rec.gambling.poker and 2+2 archives does reveal this. HOwever, I may be willing to take the risk as I do need a method to transfer money from site to site. Neteller banning me may have put an end to my bonus whoring days, and since i'm not a very good player, perhaps the end of my internet poker days. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2003, 09:59 AM

A network of friends perhaps may be a very last resort but I can't say that there are too many of them you play internet poker and even trustworthy heh. I may have to resort to western union and mailed checks from now on.YUCK.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:02 AM

I just realised that PartyPoker does not do Firepay cashouts, is that right? In that case, if I want to withdraw funds from Firepay via check, what I can do is to send it to Partypoker and ask PP to mail me a check. Does the sound right?
Old 10-11-2003, 10:06 AM

You sound as if you are giving in to the decision of neteller, and except for the fact that I am well aware of what fascists Pay Pal were to me, I would be thinking where there is smoke...maybe you really did something wrong.

However, with Jay's success in getting Prima to reopen his account, perhaps what it might take is a little more prodding, and nudging.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:08 AM

in fact, if you are a good customer of Party, maybe there are some people there who can help persuade neteller?
Old 10-11-2003, 10:21 AM

What about Party's IGMPAY?

Also a debit card might work for depositing and then you can have the site mail you a check.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:29 AM

Default ATM and credit cards should work in OZ? IGM Pay, doesn\'t n/m

US Customers Only.
Amounts will appear in your bank account electronically 3-7 business days after approval. iGM-Pay Cash out submitted after 1 p.m. EST will be considered received the following day. If there are any pending IGMPay checks with us, the processing of your cashout request may not be processed before they are cleared.