Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2003, 02:55 PM

Default Question for the Experts

Howdy, All ~~

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on NFL season totals this year.

I recently received a flyer from an on-line site that listed season totals; the ones that looked the best to me included Dallas under 7 wins (Parcells may very well be God, but I'm not certain even God gets the Cowboys to eight wins this year) and St. Louis over 9.5 (best team in an ehh division?); I liked the Patriots at over 8.5 but I'm not certain now that the line has moved to 9.

Any thoughts from any of the regulars here?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 08-18-2003, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Question for the Experts

Dallas I have right near the number, they have a decent team and are headed in the right direction. Their last few years of working through expensive contracts does worry me though, Tuna might start scrubbing the team yet again in order to get it the way he wants. If so they might be a risk for an under this year, but the talent looks about .500 to me. I think people focus too much on the QB situation, these are guys that have had an extra year in the pros. Both Carter and Hutchinson are very talented athletically, its a matter of doing the things needed to be an NFL starter. Considering that Tuna has a very simple offense, I think they have upside at the QB spot whoever is in there.

Pats are just in too tough a division to suggest an over. I mean 9 or 10 wins when you have to play 3 other quality teams is really asking a lot. Seems like a real coin flip to me with possible lean to the under if the number you play is 9 as I think an 8 win or worse season is a lot more likely than a 10 win or better slate.

Rams are way too unpredictable in my view to bet either. They could win 12 or they could win 5. Once again QB health will play a role, not to mention how focused they play. I can't get how they go games scoring low single digits and others where it looks like 40 isn't out of reach. Must be Martz.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:47 PM

They looked great last nite wildbill!!!! There first pre-season win since 2001.

Paul

Rams are way too unpredictable in my view to bet either. They could win 12 or they could win 5. Once again QB health will play a role, not to mention how focused they play. I can't get how they go games scoring low single digits and others where it looks like 40 isn't out of reach. Must be Martz.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:36 AM

Who cares? Yes a lot of people speculated they had to get a win, but anyone that reads anything into preseason games is really fooling themselves, especially against a top veteran team. Maybe good for their confidence, but if a team needs a confidence booster midway through this time of year they are in trouble.