Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2003, 02:05 PM

Default AK help !

NLHE tournament on Stars ..Shortly after the 1st break there are aprox 100 players left out of 280. I have 1900.00 in chips somewhere in the middle of the field. I'm in LP with AK and EP raises $600.00 he has approx $2300.00 in chips. I decide to call (should I have gone all in ?). the 2 of us see a flop of Q 10 3. He goes all in I fold...Don't know how he plays as I was just transferred to that table..
Was I wrong in calling the $600.00 in the first place or if I called was I commited to going all the way?
Old 08-14-2003, 02:29 PM

Default Re: AK help !

When the bet is about 1/3 of your chips, you really need to go all-in or fold. If EP is very tight, folding could be OK, but with blinds of (I'm guessing) 100/200, you're going to have to make a play sometime, and this may be the best chance you have.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:49 PM

I almost never put in 1/3 of my chips and then fold. It is occasionally correct to do so, but not very often.

And this flop gives you as many as 10 outs twice, and you're getting paid 2:1 on the call. AND you might actually have the best hand (AJ comes to mind). I would call here, but I probably would've raised all-in preflop and therefore avoided this decision. If the raiser is tight enough that he should almost always have a pair or AK himself, then just fold preflop instead.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 08-15-2003, 12:02 AM

Take Greg'S advice. I ask the same close to a year ago and got the same responce from him. The tip helped me won 2 multi-tables tourneys and many S&G on stars.

GL

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]