Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2005, 05:47 PM

Default AKo and KQo are my worst hands! Help

Over 4k hands at 1/2, my two worst hands are AKo and KQo, losing $120 and 100$ respectivly.

I raise AKo pf in all positions and I think I let it go unimproved (I'll draw to my odds on the flop).

I call KQo in early position and raise in middle/late position. And again, let it go unimproved.

Is there some advanced concept im missing? My winning % with AKo and KQo is 47% and 29% respectivly. My winning percentage with AJs is 72%!!! What's going on??? Am I being to vague? Should I post some hands?
Old 12-25-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: AKo and KQo are my worst hands! Help

1. Sample size is a serious issue here. After 7.5k hands at 10/20 I was losing with AA, after 15k hands at 10/20 I just yesterday moved into the black with AQo. I'm still losing with KJo. I'm not worried.

2. You shouldn't be dumping AK every time you don't hit the flop or have a draw. See 4.

3. Raise KQo preflop in early position, even UTG unless the table you are on is absurdly loose. Again, you shouldn't be dumping it every time you don't hit the flop or have a draw. See 4.

4. Post specific hands.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: AKo and KQo are my worst hands! Help

I've won AK on the river with A high ONCE! I've lost something like 300$ with high card. All other hands are are positive. Ill post some hands after I get back from dinner.

An typical example of my AK hand when it doesnt hit (heads up). When In position on the flop.

Flop
xxx (no a or K)

openent check or raises, I raise.

If oppenent 3 bets, I call and drop an unimproved river. If oppenet just calls:

Turn x (no AK, no obvious draws have hit).

If oppent bets, I fold, if oppenet checks, I bet. If check raised I fold.

river x (no AK)

I check or fold to a raise.

When its 3 handed or more, Ill call one bet on a non AK flop when my read is good that it wont be raised.

EDIT: As you can see by my sample size, Im new to Limit. I use to play No limit exculivly (50NL when I quit). It cost me about 250-300$ when I started limit. At this time I've recovered my losses, and am probably up around 50$-100$. My win graph would look like an upside down parabola.