Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2003, 01:11 PM

Default Did I really play this that bad?

On-line micro-limit 9 player table. There are a couple of aggressive players and several calling stations. I am on the button with A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] . UTG folds, UTG+1 calls (he is loose and somewhat passive), UTG+2 just arrived and posted...he checks, fold, call, fold, to me. I raise, the SB calls, BB re-raises (he had been playing solid cards from what I had seen and was aggressive), everyone calls except the UTG+2 poster, and I called. 5 players see the flop.

Flop: 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets out, the 2 others call to me. I raised, Sb cold calls, BB re-raises, next player calls but the second folds, and I call.

Turn: 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, I check to see the river for free.

River: K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

Excellent assuming no one has hit a full house after the turn or that BB doesn't have KK. SB checks, BB checks, next player bets out, I raise, SB calls, BB folds, and the original river bettor is disconnected and times out.

My A-high flush is shown and the 2 players left muck and I take down a nice pot. The BB then starts throwing out comments like "Wow aren't you a great player" and "Could you have gotten any luckier?". Clearly he was upset and although his hand was never shown (and won't show up in the hand history b/c he folded), I assume he probably had AA. His comments don't bother me much, I get mad too when I have AA beaten, but I'd like opinions on my play on all streets and whether he had some justification in being upset with me staying in.
Old 07-19-2003, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Did I really play this that bad?

hi shar
looks reasonable although you may want to cap the flop. i like the turn check-down.
Old 07-19-2003, 01:33 PM

You played it fine. Flopping a four flush with BB raising preflop, the only change I may have made is letting BB do the raising post flop as it may have kept the folder in the hand which may have meant a bigger pot at the river.

Full house wasn't much to worry about as you can account for two of the Kings, and anyone seeing the flop with a three...well hope they continue to play that way.

I would have asked whiner if he would like some cheese - LOL. Let him vent, it makes a better game for you.

As for AA getting beaten, it happens, but you gotta love it when it does, because most of the time some really bad decisions went in to getting the winning hand to the river.

Once again well played, you were a favorite after the flop. I would like your hand any time.
Old 07-19-2003, 01:36 PM

No way could you fold this hand. You did nothing wrong. The BB is obviously inexperienced and stupid. Anybody who thinks any part of your play was fishy knows nothing about poker.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:23 PM

fine except for the river raise. I would just go for the overcall and not open myself up for a 3-bet on the river.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:34 PM

Cosmo,

This is an eeeeeeeeeeeeeasy river raise. The only hand he has to logically fear is K-K, and 2 of the kings are out already.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:35 PM

If you have a value raise on the flop, why don't you have a value cap on the flop? Cap the flop, and then you played the hand perfectly.
Old 07-19-2003, 03:56 PM

Am I the only one that would cap preflop here on the button?
Old 07-19-2003, 04:09 PM

I think you played the hand fine, however, cap the flop next time.

As for the player berrating you, screw him, he's a poor player in my book.

Nice Hand,
Joe Tall

Old 07-19-2003, 04:27 PM

Default Hello! Shargass! Like others said--CAP THE FLOP next time n/