Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 11:11 AM

Default The Power of the Raise

I've been to scared to try it. But I know that usually...if someone raises me on the turn, I tend to lay down TPTK or less. And it seems like many TAG's like to give it up in this spot as well.

Would bluffing in this spot against a raiser on a regular basis be a profitable play? Not 5 times in a row in 10 minutes, but just once or twice every now and then on different tables (when multitabling). Most of the time they'll either be betting TPTK, an overpair, or a missed board. Would they not have to lay it down much of the time?

How often do you lay down an overpair, TPTK to a call on the flop, and a raise on the turn?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: The Power of the Raise

It's all read dependent. You can get away with in the right spot, but you cannot use it with impunity.

If you doing this frequently most villains (even TAGs) will start to look you up. I find it works best when you have position, a TAG or weak-tight image or as semi-bluff.

My use of stone call bluffs is few and far between at these levels. There are too many sheriffs to make habitual bluffing very profitable.