Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2003, 02:30 PM

Default Betting amounts..

Anyone have general betting amounts in which they will usually bet in situations when not adding variance plays?

I.e. Top pair top kicker no draws? etc etc!

Or do you always make it amount of players in and there calling amounts and what hand you think they have?

These amounts will pretty much only apply if you are first to act.

I usually always change mine depending on amount of players, amount of calling stations, play limits and type of table.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Betting amounts..

Usually I vary mine to the size of the blinds. Top pair is equal to or double the BB/2 pair -twice the top pair bet/The set- 3 times the the top pair bet and up. BUT- this also depends on the table and the amt. of maniacs involved. IF you can establish a set pattern of betting then it seemingly allows players to know what you have especially with a few shows after everyone folds , eventually setting up a bluff here or there when you dont catch your flop. The reverse is also true in that after a while if you make the small bet when the set comes to you then people read you to have top pair and will stay in and bet on their 2 pair. If you get caught in misrepresenting your pattern- the system or pattern is useless afterward.

Also- once a few people start reraising your top pair bets in order to bluff you into thinking they have better than that when they have middle pairs or nothing/ then its time to change patterns or tables.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Betting amounts..

You will never make much of a mistake and will avoid any leaking of information if you always bet the pot (i.e. bet/raise the amount that would be in the pot after you had called) and move in if betting the pot would take more than 40% of your stack.