Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 01:13 AM

Default 3 Hands of AJo verses Otter

Otter is 65/15/1, has been playing all types of stuff. He has been donking the flop quit a bit, usually with not much. He hasn't been too aggressive thou.

All three of these hands happend really close together. In this first hand do I continuation bet the turn? I'm guessing you bet for two reasons 1. He peels any card of the flop, therefore you bet to protect your hand, 2. It is likely that he is drawing, due to board texture, therefore you make him pay. Is this the line of thining that I should be using?

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

HAND 1:
Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero raises, Otter (SB) calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Otter checks, Hero bets, Otter calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Otter checks, Hero bets...

HAND 2:
These next two hands are really funny, they're very similar and happend within the same orbit.
Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero RFI, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Otter(SB) calls, BB folds.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Otter donks, Hero raises, Otter calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Otter checks, Hero checks.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Otter has Qd 3h (one pair, queens).
Hero has Ad Jc (high card, ace).
Outcome: </font>

HAND 3:
Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero raises, 2 folds, Otter(BB) calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Otter donks, Hero raises, Otter 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Otter checks, Hero bets, Otter calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Otter has 8c Kd (two pair, kings and queens).
Hero has Jc Ad (one pair, queens).
Outcome: </font>

I have been running really bad over the last 600 hands. Hit my first 100BB downswing. I'm putting all this money in with these hands and am missing, so I'm getting good practice at these situations.

Another quick question. When I use the hand converted it seems to miss a lot of information out. Why?

Trent.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: 3 Hands of AJo verses Otter

Hand1: That's the last money I'm putting in the pot on the turn. Fine.
Hand2: I like it against some opponents when you can get a free card. If he donks the turn its an easy fold.
Hand3: I'd fold to the flop 3bet.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:10 AM

Default Re: 3 Hands of AJo verses Otter

Hand 1: Bet turn for value.

Hand 2: Bet turn for value.

Hand 3: Call down his flop donk. No reason to raise. Let him bluff away his chips with a worse hand.