Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 07:26 PM

Default QQ OOPs vs. Fish

Villian is very fishy. He is about 60% / 5%
Plays too many hands and doesnt do much of the raising.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($62.85)
BB ($59.90)
UTG ($35.50)
MP ($18.90)
CO ($63.37)
Button ($57.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
3 folds, Button calls $0.50, Hero (poster) raises to $2.25, 1 fold, Button calls $2.

Flop: ($5.50) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets $4, Button raises to $12, Hero calls $8.

I was thinking he would do this with top pair and decent kicker (Q9, K9, A9) as his worst holding and of course would do it with a lot of other better hands. I decided to flat call and c/r blank turn.

Turn: ($29.50) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players) (BLANK!)
Hero checks, Button bets $9, Hero calls $48.35 (All-In)

Discuss.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: QQ OOPs vs. Fish

think you played it great.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:49 PM

well you said villain doesn't do much raising, but he raised you on that flop....so something isn't adding up.

If he's truly fishy I think he's raising the turn with a set, and not the flop as that's a pretty dry flop altho an 8 or 6 falling is a real action killer.

I really can't see him raising with a pair of 9's here, so i'm thinking 2 pair, *maybe* something like TT-AA.

That turn bet he made is weird but fish usually don't push hard so you can still be way behind and have him betting small despite the draws that are out. I don't think said fish calls that turn checkraise with anything you are beating....i'd probably try to see the showdown as cheap as possible instead.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:03 PM

I think I would have played it the same. That being said, it seems like I see a set here many times and get stacked with my overpair.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:38 PM

i play it the same way without a read, but i would like to hear an alternate line to see a cheap showdown while protecting our hand. maybe c/c turn, block river or do we have to c/c river too?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:20 PM

Default results

75 - 2pr
he won