Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 01:32 PM

Default any photoshop experts? Thanks

hello all, first post here. I have something that is kind of bothering me. I just got married recently, and the marriage licence was done in half black ink, and half blue ink. I know it shouldnt, but it kind of bothers me. I've always thought half black and half blue ink looks tacky. First of all, is it supposed to be this way? Is anyone else's marriage license like this? Second, I will not mess with the origional, but I would like to scan it to my computer and photoshop the blue ink to match the black. Can this be done, how difficult is it? Do I just have OCD? Thanks in advance, I really do appreciate your help.

Doug
Old 12-07-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: any photoshop experts? Thanks

That would be quite easy. You could just convert it to greyscale if the paper is white. It would be more complicated if the paper was a bit brownish
Old 12-08-2005, 02:55 PM

anyone else?
Old 12-08-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, convert to greyscale is the way to go. A dark blue ink should convert to a fairly solid black, unlike a red pen or something

If you want to touch it up so they match a bit better, you can select the region with the blue writing and then adjust the contrast up. Or just adjust the contrast on the whole image(s). As you increase contrast the lighter areas become more white and the darker areas become more black.