Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 07:05 PM

Default K10 in SB facing action

This hand happened this morning before work. I don't have PT stats right now, but I think the Villian was pretty loose (as was the rest of the table). I had only been at the table for a few orbits, so consider him a loose unknown.

Input manually - Anyone know of a converter for the PokerRoom network?

Eurobet $2/4 5max

Hero is SB with K10o Suits are unimportant
UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: (4sb) 2 3 K rainbow
Hero bets, 2 folds, Button raises, Hero reraises, Button calls

Turn: (5BB) 2 3 K 3 Completes rainbow
Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls

River: (9BB) 2 3 K 3 Q
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls

Does anyone play this differently? I figured I was ahead on the flop, a bigger K probably would have raised from the Button. I guess I could be behind 2 pair, but I think 2 pair would have capped. On the turn I still thought I was ahead of any hand I was ahead of on the flop that would have raised me, but not capped.

After the turn raise, should I fold or check/call river UI? Just checking up because downswings are awesome. Anyone check/call down once turn pairs the board (kinda weak I think)?

Thanks
B
Old 12-07-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: K10 in SB facing action

Looks very standard to me. I would have played it the same, I'm sure. The other possibility would have been to c-r the flop or call the flop raise to set up a turn cr.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:46 PM

Looks standard. Might raise PF, especially if the BB is tight, but less so unsuited and OOP. By the turn you've got counterfeiting outs (assuming he has a better K) and the chance he's just FOS. With a read on him as being passive you could think about folding somewhere, but absent a good one at that I'm calling down.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:42 PM

Thanks for the replies. I thought it was standard, just wanted a checkup. I thought about C/Ring the flop, but I didn't know if it would get checked through.

For what it's worth, Donkey had Q3 and my hand is so far from good. Basically sums up my last 12k hands.