Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 11:32 AM

Default 2 Short stacks on the bubble. (Party 20+2)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t414)
SB (t3468)
BB (t100)
UTG (t4018)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t414 (All-In)</font>
Old 12-05-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: 2 Short stacks on the bubble. (Party 20+2)

You have the BB covered and he has a random hand and you have KJo. Easy push.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:29 PM

Durron, I don't know if you noticed but hero is on the button with a big stack in the SB, and the BB can only post 2/3rd the big blind. Just wanted to make sure you still were recommending pushing here. I think its a decent question.

In my opinion, this is a fold. At best the BB is going to end up with 200 chips after this hand, and is going to post 75 of those next hand as the small blind. I'm assuming the SB is smart enough to call here (if I fold) with any two.

With the stack disparity, the small blind is probably going to call our 414 with a wide range of hands to try to ensure someone gets ko'd.

Assuming we've got at least one more pass through the BB before it jumps levels, I'm folding KJo here. If you're small blind, or if you had enough chips to have some FE on the SB, its an easy push, but I think you've got zero FE and there's just too much chance that the BB gets KO'd in the next two hands.

My range for pushing here is probably any ace, any pair... i certainly could be wrong.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But just for grins, let's limp. Why not? We're prepared to take on shortie HU - because we have a hand significantly stronger than random. SB will likely call our push anyway. Heck, I WANT SB to join!! The more the merrier. Might as well present an opportunity for him/you to do it as cheaply as possible. If he pushes over, so be it. We're no worse for wear. But you do need to get involved in this hand, it's strong enough. BB doubling when you don't...getting raped through the blinds...this will be a not-so-fun fold fest ITM.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:30 PM

You don't mind if SB comes along here, and it's probably even preferable. The absolute last thing you want is him deciding to fold his SB for grins, too.

Don't laugh, I've seen it.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But just for grins, let's limp. Why not? We're prepared to take on shortie HU - because we have a hand significantly stronger than random. SB will likely call our push anyway. Heck, I WANT SB to join!! The more the merrier. Might as well present an opportunity for him/you to do it as cheaply as possible. If he pushes over, so be it. We're no worse for wear. But you do need to get involved in this hand, it's strong enough. BB doubling when you don't...getting raped through the blinds...this will be a not-so-fun fold fest ITM.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe that bluefeet is 10000000% right. limp is i think infinitely better than pushing.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe that bluefeet is 10000000% right. limp is i think infinitely better than pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do when SB completes, and then pushes an A72 flop (or any other flop you whiff)?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do when SB completes, and then pushes an A72 flop (or any other flop you whiff)?

[/ QUOTE ]

how often do you think a player at the $22s does that without an ace?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:54 PM

Not too often, but it's a crappy spot. Especially when BB has 72o and you fold the runner-runner straight. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So let's say the flop is something raggy like 962. Then what do you do?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:54 PM

Citanul,

PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME

my oppinion: never

You're Welcome,

LBK